How to change Skip Button on remote to 60 seconds?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Is there an easy fix for this? My Remote Control Skip button only skips ahead 30 seconds. How to change it to 60 seconds? It would be easier to skip all of those commercials.

For the average commercial bread 7 quick presses of the skip foward button is usually all you will need.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

Reactions: thomasjk
2 quick press= 60 sec. 3 equal 90 sec
Yes, that is the solution for the OP. So, in a way, the Hopper can skip ahead 60 seconds and more. I've done as much as 2 minute skips that are 4 quick presses. It also works for skip BACK: 2 quick presses is 20 seconds back, etc.

Sometimes, when I press the 30 second skip, a 1 Min shows on the screen instead of a 30 sec. I never paid attention to it much, but it could be skipping 1 min instead of 30 sec, but I have not tested to see what I did different to get the 1 min skip. Anybody else see this. Is it skipping 1 min? But I have noticed with the back skip, sometimes you get several minutes back with one push(another bug).

They added that overlay a while back. If it says anything higher than 30 seconds, you're pushing the button more than once (or holding it down?). If you do it fast enough, you can get it to read pretty high, like 5-6 minutes or more.

Sometimes, when I press the 30 second skip, a 1 Min shows on the screen instead of a 30 sec. I never paid attention to it much, but it could be skipping 1 min instead of 30 sec, but I have not tested to see what I did different to get the 1 min skip. Anybody else see this. Is it skipping 1 min? But I have noticed with the back skip, sometimes you get several minutes back with one push(another bug).

I see this lots of times. I have found that even though the 30s didn't pop up it still skipped the 30 seconds. One of our Soaps that we record, I know how many times to press the skip forward button for each commercial break. One of the breaks I press the Skip forward button 12 times for the 6 minute break. Sometimes the 30s doesn't show up but a few times. Also, sometimes the 1m doesn't show up too. But, most of the time the 6 minutes has been skipped.

If you see 1 minute you are probably pressing that button twice, in very rapid repetition. I often make 6 very fast, purposefully, clicks to go 3 minutes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)