How to COMBINE Bing Cashback with BEST BUY $50 & $300 rebates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
$350 Best Buy 40% Bing $10 Refer $10 HD4life $29/$14 $50 rebate +more = $1572+ in 2yr

* One note: I'm confirming that my order did show up as a BEST BUY order later today when DirecTV sales opens......when double checking everything, I noticed the weblink said ref=bing instead of ref=bb EVEN THOUGH it said Best Buy DirecTV store on the top * BING and Best Buy may not be combinable *

Here is what I ordered and got me over $1500 in savings, rebates, and gift cards over the next 2 years. Yes, some required other purchases, but it's something I wanted. Just thought I'd share the deal.

CHALLENGE: Can anyone come up with any other discounts/rebates I could stack with this before my June 14th install date (excluding referrals of course)?????

Just so you know, here is what I ordered.......

Monthly Charges (1st Year):

Choice Ultimate $68.99
HD Access $10.00
DVR Service $ 7.00
Whole Home DVR $ 3.00
4 Recievers $15.00
Showtime/Starz $24.00 (3 months then cancel)

Total Charges: $103.99 (after show/starz free promo)

Hardware Charges

4x HD DVR $497.00
TV Internet Conn $25.00
Shipping FREE

Total Hardware Charges: $522 / $560.50 after tax

42" Best Buy HDTV $499.99 (before tax) (I'll be getting $300 back in a best buy gift card, see below)

=============== DISCOUNTS ====================

***************$948 in PROGRAMMING DISCOUNTS****************

Monthly Discounts (1st & 2nd Year): (note: referral is only 10months)

$29 1st year ($29.00) 2nd Year ($14.00)
$10 Free HD 4 life($10.00)
$10 Referral ($10.00)

1st Year Discounts: $49.00
2nd Year Discounts: $24.00

1st Year Choice Ultimate, Whole Home DVR, HD, 4 Receivers $54.99
2nd Year Choice Ultimate, Whole Home DVR, HD, 4 Receivers $79.99

$348 = $29 x 12 months 1st year programming discount
$168 = $14 x 12 months 2nd year programming discounts
$240 = $10 x 24 months HD for life ....so possibly beyond 24 months
$100 = $10 x 10 months referral (no one on SatGuys should sign up without a referral)
$72 = $24 x 3 months of free Showtime and Starz (filling up my 4 DVRs!)
$20 = Free handling for online order
$?? = Free installation, dishes, SWiM, DECA, RG6 runs, etc....

***********$100 - $400 in non-direcTV MAIL IN REBATES ($400 for me) **********

$25 Rebate from Showtime for service during free trial! (yes, it counts) Rebate link -----> Showtime Official Site :: Special Offer on Showtime! Order Now & You Can Get $25 Cash Back!
$25 Rebate from Starz for service during free trial! (yes, it counts) Rebate link -------> Starz Offers- Terms and Conditions

$50 Gift Card for Signing up thru Best Buy (alternatively, $75 through Target or DishStore) Rebate link --------> http://www.bestbuy.directv.com/images/cobranding/PDF/BestBuyRebateForm.pdf
$300 Best Buy Gift Card when you also purchase a $499 or up HDTV from Best Buy Rebate link (same form as above -------> http://www.bestbuy.directv.com/images/cobranding/PDF/BestBuyRebateForm.pdf

.........I went the Best Buy route, will be buying a TV, so make that $400 in total rebates for me......

********** 40% of initial costs rebated though BING CASHBACK ($224.20 for me)********

I had $560.50 charged to my credit card at the time of ordering, after tax.

I will be getting $224.20 back in cash from BING CASHBACK

************************ TOTAL SAVINGS ************************

$948 PROGRAMMING DISCOUNTS over 2 years, assuming no new referrals or offers
$400 Rebates and Gift Cards
$224 Cashback for upfront costs
$000 Unclaimed value of free dish(es), SWiM, DECA, and other hardware

$1572 In discounts and rebates not including value of installation hardware!!!!

CHALLENGE: Can anyone come up with any other discounts/rebates I could stack with this before my June 14th install date (excluding referrals of course)?????

*************** EVEN THOUGH BEST BUY STILL SHOWS ON THE TOP, BING IS SHOWN AS THE REFERRAL IN THE WEB LINK....BING AND BEST BUY may not be combinable after all, even though best buy said I was fine as long as it said best buy at the top ***************************

Last edited:
How to do BING CASHBACK for 40% of your initial DirectTV costs back!

It's very easy......

1. If you don't have one already, set up a BING CASHBACK account at Bing Shopping

2. Go to Bing.com. search for "HDTV", you will see a DirecTV link at the top with a Cashback logo after it.

3. Click that link, you will see a link that says what percentage you will be getting (currently 40%) and you'll be asked for you email address for you BING Cashback account. You will then be forwarded to a directv order page with a box showing your getting BING Cashback. Hurry though, they claim if you don't order in 24 hrs, the order will not have tracked. I do it immediately. If your not going to order immediately, just repeat the steps later.

I believe you will not see the PENDING status of the cashback until you have been installed.

Please correct me if I missed any steps.

Any questions, please reply (and PM if you want as well).

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

REFERENCE THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE YOUR SAVING EVERY PENNY YOU CAN http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/215950-350-best-buy-40-bing-10-a.html#post2225043

Last edited:
How were you able to get the Bing discount of 40%? I have a Bing account (BTW, it's dead after July 16 2010 per Bing) did you do all this at a store or online? If you did it online, could you provide the links for everything? Thanks for a great idea, we're thinking of doing the same thing too, but weren't sure how to go about it.

* One note: I'm confirming that my order did show up as a BEST BUY order later today when DirecTV sales opens......when double checking everything, I noticed the weblink said ref=bing instead of ref=bb EVEN THOUGH it said Best Buy DirecTV store on the top * BING and Best Buy may not be combinable *

BEFORE following the instructions in the CASHBACK Thread, do the following...

Go to BESTBUY.com, search for DirecTV. Click the link were it says you can save $xxx with DirecTV. It will take you to the order page. Go ahead and fill you cart with what you want but do NOT check out.

If you do this first.......when you click the DirecTV link from BING as instructed in the other thread, you will be take to a page that shows it's the BEST BUY DirecTV store on the TOP and say you are getting BING cashback below that.

*** If it does not say Best Buy DirecTV store, you will not be eligible for the Best Buy rebates ***

PRINT COPIES OF EVERYTHING AS PROOF!

Print a copy of the BestBuy rebate form and read the terms before proceeding.

After placing your BEST BUY DirecTV order, either purchase a $499 or up HDTV from BestBuy online or instore and follow the instructions on the rebate!

Please feel free reply here or PM me if you have any questions

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

REFERENCE THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE YOUR SAVING EVERY PENNY YOU CAN..... http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/215950-350-best-buy-40-bing-10-a.html#post2225043

*************** EVEN THOUGH BEST BUY STILL SHOWS ON THE TOP, BING IS SHOWN AS THE REFERRAL IN THE WEB LINK....BING AND BEST BUY may not be combinable after all, even though best buy said I was fine as long as it said best buy at the top *************************** I'm checking into it this morning!

Last edited:
You were too quick, see my other posts and PLEASE let me know if something in my instructions is not clear or incorrect.

And the BING PURCHASE needs to be made before JULY 31, 2010.

Or, as I think of it, ASAP!!! :)

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

**** I will have the STARZ and SHOWTIME rebate links included soon as well ****

refferal bonus will not apply for refferal bonus ot work it has to be place though directv sales.

( These are also not valid during the three mons free service I handle these calls as they always go to a sup )
$25 Rebate from Showtime for service during free trial! (yes, it counts) Rebate link -----> Showtime Official Site :: Special Offer on Showtime! Order Now & You Can Get $25 Cash Back!
$25 Rebate from Starz for service during free trial! (yes, it counts) Rebate link -------> Starz Offers- Terms and Conditions

refferal bonus will not apply for refferal bonus ot work it has to be place though directv sales.

( These are also not valid during the three mons free service I handle these calls as they always go to a sup )

Sho and Starz need to update their terms and conditions then.

Well, I placed the order online. I started out on directv's website, submitted my friends account number, then went to Best Buy's page to place the order.

In my checkout summary, it shows under DISCOUNTS..... "referral credit for 10 months"........ -$10.00.

So, it appears you can. My estimated first month's bill was $54.99 with 4 receivers which included the $29 discount, the $10 HD for life, and the $10 referral credit.

Jason

Quite a deal if you need the TV and think they bing will come through. I wouldn't let it be the basis of the decision as there is no certanity in it combining offers.

I read your thread title a couple times and still don't quite comprehend it ;)

I combined your three threads together, no need to have three seperate.

I also used the simplest title of the 3.

Thanks Jason. Understand on combining the threads. I seemed to be information overload a bit, that's why I divided it up. Just trying to help.

UPDATE: Long story short.....DirecTV did show Best Buy as the "retail partner" I ordered from even though it said ref=BING in the browser window. Now, I just hope both the BING rebate and BEST BUY rebates come through.

Long story short.

refer a friend goes to process it might and usualy does stop if the account shows an retail outlet other then Direct Sales ( internal sales department ) It is very clearly listed on policy.

So when the real bill prints I will be surprised to see it go through with everything else.

FYI, just checked on BING cashback and DirecTV.com isn't a participating member nor is BestBuy.com

You didn't follow the directions.

Go to BING.COM

Search for HDTV.

DirecTV.com will be on of the top links with a BING CASHBACK logo behind it.

If you go to Best Buy then to their directv store BEFORE going to BING, the BING link will take you to the Best Buy DirecTV store automatically.

I just tried it myself....again

Long story short.

refer a friend goes to process it might and usualy does stop if the account shows an retail outlet other then Direct Sales ( internal sales department ) It is very clearly listed on policy.

So when the real bill prints I will be surprised to see it go through with everything else.

Confirmed with 2 CSRs that it was on my order and that I would get it. More CSR training issues????

"VERY CLEARLY LISTED ON THEIR POLICY"??? No where here DIRECTV: Referral Program does it say you must CALL IN. The fine print from the link on the bottom does. But the webpage says you CAN just type in the account # then fill out your order, which I did. It was in my checkout when I completed my order via Best Buy's directv store. That's what I agreed to. It better not disappear. If it's not suppose to be able via a retail outlet, DO LET IT BE PART OF THE ORDER!

It makes me look like an ass. I confirm everything on my order with DirecTV...then tell post here the discounts you can get......just to find out they don't know what they are talking about.

GRRRRRRRRRRR! I am so pissed off right now.

Hey Stonecold, just wanted to say quick that the comments in my last post were not directed towards you personally....I hope you didn't take them that way. I now I know why people are so hard on DirecTV CSRs. They are the friendliest people, but their training (or something) is lacking.

The terms of the conditions of neither rebate say anything about if the provider is providing you credits for the premium movie services, it's not eligible. It's not a DirecTV rebate, so I didn't ask a CSR about it.

Hey Stonecold, just wanted to say quick that the comments in my last post were not directed towards you personally....I hope you didn't take them that way. I now I know why people are so hard on DirecTV CSRs. They are the friendliest people, but their training (or something) is lacking.

The terms of the conditions of neither rebate say anything about if the provider is providing you credits for the premium movie services, it's not eligible. It's not a DirecTV rebate, so I didn't ask a CSR about it.

Bing Cashback program will be history next month.

Bing cashback

Bing is frequently canceled if combined with other offers, discounts and/or coupons.

On the link page from the bing search for directv where it shows the 40%, in the footnotes it says "You cannot use coupons or discounts".

All that having been said, I've gotten Bing before for stuff I shouldnt have.

A mighty effort all in all, but it sounds like maybe you wont get the bing, the referral, and a couple of the rebates.

One of the major BBB complaints with directv is people using the referral, everything appearing to be in order, and directv declining the referral and telling the customer 'tough luck'. You're still on the hook for the 24 month contract once you agree to the install, so you dont have any recourse.

To be honest I seen them go throug hand I hope they do for you. I just preparing you for the worst. Since those offers are not DTV offers but ones form the networks them selves I seen issues with them My aunt did them and they went thoug hmy friend was denied both had free star /show for 3 months it wierd they are incosistant ...

Got a ruling on this about the reffer a friend it shold from what my operations manger is telling me if you were at bestbuy.directv.com but who knows. it is good that it at least showing up in the system.

Considering how many people come here are report they didn't get their $10/mo referral discount (new cust or existing giving out referrals), I imagine the system is very aggressive at kicking out referrals.

Frankly this is a shame BTW, Directv should be happy to give referral discounts, and should be very afraid of disappointing existing customers who are trying to get them new customers :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)