How to completely freak out a 722k

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I've managed to do this twice now. I wasn't trying to do but I now know it is possible. I was searching for programs and have some stored to look for by title. Well if you use the search several times (don't remember how times) it completely freaks out the 722k so much it shuts down and restarts. Like I said I've manged to do it twice now, so here's a new one to add to the "glitch" count. Boy I'm really proud of myself, if it can be broken I will find a way. :D

Hah... I think my sister found it before you did :p . She's been complaining about her 722k rebooting in that scenario since at least 8-2010. Did you find it before that?

I never said anything about it as I figured she was the only one that searches so much and so fast, I told her just to slow it down a notch ;) .

Hah... I think my sister found it before you did :p . She's been complaining about her 722k rebooting in that scenario since at least 8-2010. Did you find it before that?

I never said anything about it as I figured she was the only one that searches so much and so fast, I told her just to slow it down a notch ;) .

She wins by date of it happening 2 her. But it hasn't been reported here before. So that's what I was referring to. I figure that others have found it to but just didn't know that they did.

Well maybe now that it's out in the open, the DIRT guys can give the engineers a heads up :) .

I've managed to do this twice now. I wasn't trying to do but I now know it is possible. I was searching for programs and have some stored to look for by title. Well if you use the search several times (don't remember how times) it completely freaks out the 722k so much it shuts down and restarts. Like I said I've manged to do it twice now, so here's a new one to add to the "glitch" count. Boy I'm really proud of myself, if it can be broken I will find a way. :D

which search? button pushes and/or keystrokes would be VERY helpful for me to attempt to duplicate this...

Well maybe now that it's out in the open, the DIRT guys can give the engineers a heads up :) .

For anyone having this issue, please PM me your account number so I can get it forwarded to engineering[FONT=&quot][/FONT] with as much information as I can (receiver ID's ect.) Thanks!

Last edited:
It's really a shame that the 722k requires as much "diaper changing" and burping as it does. My 625 NEVER required this much baybying.

1st post, so please be gentle!

Think I can help with some specifics, it's been happening to be for a few months now on both of our 722k's. Every weekend I cycle through the movie channels & set recordings for the week, inevitably ending up with some timer conflicts. From the daily recording schedule list (NOT the list of timers themselves) I'll go to a recording w/ conflicts & do the search directly from there to find alternate run tiles for that movie. This is when I consistently run into this problem. It doesn't matter if the recording is marked 'skip' or just bumped to tuner 1 from what I've seen and there's no distinct pattern as to when it will or won't happen. I do have external HD's but don't think that has anything to do with it.

1st post, so please be gentle!

Think I can help with some specifics, it's been happening to be for a few months now on both of our 722k's. Every weekend I cycle through the movie channels & set recordings for the week, inevitably ending up with some timer conflicts. From the daily recording schedule list (NOT the list of timers themselves) I'll go to a recording w/ conflicts & do the search directly from there to find alternate run tiles for that movie. This is when I consistently run into this problem. It doesn't matter if the recording is marked 'skip' or just bumped to tuner 1 from what I've seen and there's no distinct pattern as to when it will or won't happen. I do have external HD's but don't think that has anything to do with it.
:welcome to the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)