Should I be getting charged a $6 monthly DVR service fee?

Muckrak3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Texas
I thought they got rid of those fees if you only have 1 receiver? I have a 722 ViP and no other receiver.

Yes, DISH Network used to charge $6.00 per DVR receiver but it is now an account level fee. $6.00 a month covers all DVR's active on that account. We did do away with the TV2 connection fee.

It used to be waived with the AEP, but that is a thing of the past. Now, the additional fee per receiver, has been rolled into the new receiver pricing scheme.

I believe they still have the DVR fee, but they got rid of the connection fee (for not having it connected to phone/network)

Actually if you have two dual tuner dvrs on your account it was rolled into the price of the additional receiver fee. Additional receiver FEE $ 7.00 +Tv 2 connection fee FEE $5.00 + Dvr FEE $5.00 = $17.00.

I have a 722 and a 612, I am being charged the 6.00 DVR fee plus and additional 10.00 for the solo receiver which is the 612, is this correct or am I being overcharged, reading maryb's post it seems that I am

Gentleman said:
I have a 722 and a 612, I am being charged the 6.00 DVR fee plus and additional 10.00 for the solo receiver which is the 612, is this correct or am I being overcharged, reading maryb's post it seems that I am

You are being charged correct. The 612 monthly fee is $10. The 722 is included in your package.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The receiver fees are as follow:
Solo receiver $7.00 a month
Solo DVR $10.00 a month
Duo Reciever $14.00 a month
Duo DVR $17.00 a month
If an account has one or more active DVR's then there is a $6.00 DVR fee a month.
Each tuner is charged $7.00 and there is a $3.00 additional fee for the added DVR features on applicable receivers.

Dvr advantage (used) to include the dvr fee. That has long passed and forgotten by the wayside.

Yup; that's right. I get the $6 DVR fee for a 722 and two 612's, plus two $10 extra receiver fees. I too miss DVR Advantage.

The receiver fees are as follow:
Solo receiver $7.00 a month
Solo DVR $10.00 a month
Duo Reciever $14.00 a month
Duo DVR $17.00 a month
If an account has one or more active DVR's then there is a $6.00 DVR fee a month.
Each tuner is charged $7.00 and there is a $3.00 additional fee for the added DVR features on applicable receivers.

That sounds a bit high. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy then?

That sounds a bit high. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy then?
This is the charge to send your programming to additional tuners. The first receiver fee is included in the package price but for each additional receiver there is a set monthly charge. The charge is the same for purchased or leased equipment.

That is because the Dvr advantage ACTUALLY provided subs with a real advantage. It was too generous to the sub. Just like the tv2 connection fee that could be avoided by plugging in your phone lines into your receivers. Saved you $5.00 per receiver. Now that too has been rolled into the extremely HIGH additional receiver fees. If you notice when that all happened DISH starting losing subs in great numbers. I think we can safely say that all their changes to simplify their hidden fees into one large FEE has hurt them. Who wants to pay an extra $17.00 per dual tuner dvr? This hurt DISH more than anything else they have done. It is a glaring difference between them and the competition: DIRECTV. Would you rather pay $17.00 for an extra dual tuner dvr or $6.00 with DIRECTV? Add to that a whole house dvr that DIRECTV has and DISH still doesn't have , much less the freaking sling extender still not released , and the differences are extremely clear.

Do they still charge for not having your reciever hooked up too a phone line?Ive been in Iraq the last couple of years and have an install Monday and have no phone line at all.Thanks for your help.

Do they still charge for not having your reciever hooked up too a phone line?Ive been in Iraq the last couple of years and have an install Monday and have no phone line at all.Thanks for your help.
No.

gotta love that DIsh double dipping on the same feature

so if $3 is on the DVR's as "added DVR features" what does the $6 cover? ;)

I'm voting with my feet. I have a 612, a 722 a 622 and a 508 with AE. I've been with dish since 2000. The fees and the continuing drama with Disney has finally pushed me over the edge. Going to Uverse on 8/8. Every time there's been an issue I've had to go to ceo@dishnetwork.com to get it fixed. I've enjoyed Dish and wish I could find a good economic reason to stay but I'll get more HD for less money with a whole house DVR and don't have to deal with losing channels every 60 days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)