Should I be getting charged a $6 monthly DVR service fee?

I'm voting with my feet. I have a 612, a 722 a 622 and a 508 with AE. I've been with dish since 2000. The fees and the continuing drama with Disney has finally pushed me over the edge. Going to Uverse on 8/8. Every time there's been an issue I've had to go to ceo@dishnetwork.com to get it fixed. I've enjoyed Dish and wish I could find a good economic reason to stay but I'll get more HD for less money with a whole house DVR and don't have to deal with losing channels every 60 days...
Have you seen the PQ yet on Uverse? Also have fun with the really great DVR's they have. At least that is what I understand.

I considered uverse. The dvrs are small and non expandable and no remote viewing. These two things were my deal breaker.

Direct tv, I hate to say it, is almost looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

TV2 receiver connection?? - still getting dinged for not having phone line connected to dual tuner receiver?

It (tv 2 phone line fee) appeared on my account for my 722 after the new receiver fees went into effect last year or whenever it was, even though I was still plugged in online via Ethernet cable. MattG took care of it for me months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The receiver fees are as follow:
Solo receiver $7.00 a month
Solo DVR $10.00 a month
Duo Reciever $14.00 a month
Duo DVR $17.00 a month
If an account has one or more active DVR's then there is a $6.00 DVR fee a month.
Each tuner is charged $7.00 and there is a $3.00 additional fee for the added DVR features on applicable receivers.

So let me understand this. There is a single DVR fee for all DVRs on the same account with the following exceptions:
1. A 922 gets a separate fee for increased functionality (not mentioned above, but I remember it from the last time I looked.
2. A single DVR costs $3 more per month than a single equivalent tuner.
3. a 'duo' DVR costs $3 more per month than a 'duo' tuner.

If the $6 is a DVR fee, what are the other extra charges?

So the subs who have a secondary 510 or 612 actually saved a little with these fees? Weird.:confused: Meanwhile, the subs who have a secondary 222 or 322 got the worst of it paying an extra $7-9/month.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)