How to confirm my new Snap is installed?

mastin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2021
Ideally, confirmation is probably through performance improvement. Unfortunately, that’s somewhat confounded by the fact I just upgraded from a Joey 1 to a Joey 3 and the performance increase was amazing, at least when operating the Joey. Things seem about the same now with the Snap inserted. Maybe it’s a ceiling effect, saying that things were about as good as they were going to get with a Hopper2 w/sling and Joey3. I turned off the Hopper 2 with sling, inserted the Snap into the top USB port, and then powered back on the Hopper. I did not notice any statement of installation. I browsed around the diagnostic pages, but didn’t find anything I could decipher that seemed Snap related. Any advice? Thank you!

Ideally, confirmation is probably through performance improvement. Unfortunately, that’s somewhat confounded by the fact I just upgraded from a Joey 1 to a Joey 3 and the performance increase was amazing, at least when operating the Joey. Things seem about the same now with the Snap inserted. Maybe it’s a ceiling effect, saying that things were about as good as they were going to get with a Hopper2 w/sling and Joey3. I turned off the Hopper 2 with sling, inserted the Snap into the top USB port, and then powered back on the Hopper. I did not notice any statement of installation. I browsed around the diagnostic pages, but didn’t find anything I could decipher that seemed Snap related. Any advice? Thank you!
You need to scroll down on the diagnostics page and it gives all the Snap info.

Ah excellent, yes there on the first page. I was trying the down arrow button to scroll and had forgotten the existence of the "page down" button.
Snap confirmed!
Is it worth worrying about the version numbers?
No, not really unless you want to get technical about it. The software version of the Hopper is all I want to know.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)