How to Contact DirecTV Retention

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Al K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
I just got off a long call with DirecTV. I wanted to renew my contract and upgrade to an HR54. After arguing with the first customer service rep who said that the HR44 and the HR54 are the same, I finally got to a supervisor who told me that they have no way to order a specific receiver and that the two receivers are the same. I asked her why the created a new model for a receiver that is identical to an old one.

I wanted to get an HR54 so that I could watch the 4K test of the National Trust golf this month. The only way I can get an HR54 is to pay for it. How can they lose a customer for a lousy receiver?

There used to be a retention number where saner reps were tasked with keeping customers. How do I go about raising this issue to the next level?

Update:

Just got off the phone with retention. They said that they can't upgrade me because HR54's are only available in test markets. They did imply that I could upgrade for free when they are available in my area. They said they didn't even know when HR54's would be available to everyone. But they agreed that the HR44 and HR54 are different.

Last edited:
I called a couple weeks ago and the guy replaced my perfectly good HR44 with a HR54 telling me that's all that was needed for 4K. Obviously it wasn't. They got me hooked up with a 4K mini client and installation free of charge.

Seems like it all depends on the person you get. I didn't threaten to leave just talked to retention and told them what Comcast and dish was offering me to leave. FYI I was out of contract.

Used to work that if you sent an e-mail asking if you're still under any commitment you get a phone number and PIN to call.

"did you tell them you wanted to watch that 4k broadcast?"

No. I just said I wanted to upgrade, renew contract and make sure I was ready for all 4K.

until all the required equipment rolls out nationally, you wont be able to achieve this more then likely.
Unless he gets an HR54 and c61 from a vendor like solid signal.

I would think until 4K channels go live, there's nothing in Directv's system telling them a difference in the 34,44 or 54.
I'd wait until the 4K channel or channels go live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)