How To Delete A Favorites List?

pgde

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Desert Oasis Ranch, Tucson, AZ
Unfortunately, my Favorites List somehow became corrupted so that I could only see one screen of Guide information. I recreated the list (back to working normally again) and can't find an option to delete the old list. Am I missing or overlooked something? Am on a Hopper 3.

Many thanks,

P.

On the Hopper you hit

1) guide

2) options

3) Favorite channels

4) Favorite channel settings

5)Then you select the list you want from there and you can delete or clear the list or add to it.

6) Hit the back button to get out of all of it at the end and when you select the guide again it should show the new list you deleted gone.

Unfortunately, my Favorites List somehow became corrupted so that I could only see one screen of Guide information. I recreated the list (back to working normally again) and can't find an option to delete the old list. Am I missing or overlooked something? Am on a Hopper 3.

Many thanks,

P.
This has happened to me several times. After a while, I found that adding too many channels to a Favorites list would trigger the behavior you describe. I don't remember exactly, but it seems like getting the list down to only about 120 or 125 channels would fix the problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yup, I've also seen problems with a larger favorite list. We have one for just normal surfing. Over time more channels got added. Then the last couple of weeks, some mentioned that YTV is on. So I put it on.. then noticed that all my Joeys showed Amazon Prime in their guides, but nothing I could do would put it on the favorites list on the Hopper; it showed the list in the interface but nothing in the guide. No error, just the same.

So I thought that, yes, it might be a hard-coded (dumb for these days of programming) linked list that has a fixed amount of slots. So while Amazon Prime was supposedly not on the list, but I definitely added it; I deleted just one ESPN slot and then called up the guide, and there is Amazon Prime, sure as heck.

Confirmed, Favorite lists have a fixed maximum size.

Reactions: charlesrshell