How to determine unused satellite dish?

Good assessment, 3Halo0DST! It seems like the installers we've had did the bare minimum...sometimes I am amazed that we are still getting satellite service:)

Thanks for the tip, jerryez, I will be sure to leave the base plate behind.

wow, that is a lot of replies and nobody mentioned that your 500 was most likely pointed at 61.5. that tied to the 1k2 would have brought in your international plus hd for many years. about 3-4 years ago dish started rolling on all these jobs to put up the plus dish to replace the 61.5.
I mean, depending on your location it could have been pointed at 129 or 148, but none of that matters. the 500 is the one you are not using.

Thanks, sca. Good catch! I believe it may have been pointed at 61.5 before the international channels were rolled over to another satellite.

I believe there are two LNBs on the "plus". I'll have to take another look today.

View attachment 97600

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ad soon as I saw this after reading what your checkswitch indicated made it obvious (as a tech that had to do this on occasion due to lack of switches) that your DP500 lnb port for 118.7 is being fed into your 1000.2 to use that internal switch to get all 4 of your orbitals on 2 dishes.

Thanks to everyone for their input! I was able to remove the dish 500 without any issues. Now what to do with the hardware? Is it worth retaining it or is it obsolete? Should I toss it out with the trash?

Set it out by the road... It'll be gone within an hour

Boy that is the truth. I put two old 1000.2 sat dishes without the lnbs , that a neighbor gave me when they moved and within the hour they were gone. People just drive through my neighborhood looking through our trash on trash pickup days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts