How to equip Prodelin 1.2 M dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
My 1.2 M Prodelin dish came with a Norsat 7909A LNB and feedhorn that looks like this one. It appears the flange is a WR-75 type. Also from what I read in the forums, the LNB is useful for one polarity at a time.

My goal is to equip this dish to be able to get either polarity automatically. A dual LNB would be better.

If I could stick a TWF-031 dual LNB on the feedhorn, I would. But the Invacom LNB is C120 mount. For fun, I tried to get the screws to line up between a C120 flange LNB and the feedhorn. Two of the four screws seem to fit and the flanges appear to line up.

I searched around for a C120 to WR-75 adapter. This looks uncommon.

What I'll try first is the C120 LNB attached to the WR-75 horn.

Then, I might try using a 40mm neck LNBF. IIRC, Iceberg said you might be able to cut off the plastic housing to reveal the metal waveguide...

Would anyone care to suggest alternatives or other ideas?

Thanks.

I've got a feed identical to the one pictured, and when the adapter is taken off it's a C120. I can probably fix ya up with a C120 feed...

Thanks for the offer. But it looks like what I have will work after all.

Lo and behold, if you rotate the flange 90º all the screws line up. :D

I keyed in on degree markings on the feedhorn and the orientation of the plastic "visor" at the mouth of the feed. The plastic part rotates. My frame of reference was stuck. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.