How To Freeze a Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Saturday night I wanted to watch the ND/OK football game and the WS game split screen. I was using a tuner to record another show so I used the remaining tuner for the football game and the PTAT tuner for the baseball game. It worked great.

Tonight I got greedy. I tried to watch the NFL game and the WS game split screen off of the PTAT tuner while recording 2 other shows on the remaining tuners. It actually worked for about 5 minutes. After doing several swaps in a short time one of the pictures froze and then the whole Hopper froze and reset itself.

I'm still impressed with it's performance. It may have worked if I hadn't swapped so much.

If you mix a second Hopper with PIP you could get a freeze or a the very least a no response.
I tried watching a recording from Hopper2 while viewing another program on Hopper1 with PIP. As long as I just watched it worked, but flipping back and forth in PIP froze Hopper1, a red button reset and all was normal again.

Another way to freeze a Hopper is to record 3 channels at once, transfer recordings to EHD, and watch a show over DLNA at the same time. Does it every time. Works for 5-10 minutes then freeze & reboot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts