How To Freeze a Hopper

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Saturday night I wanted to watch the ND/OK football game and the WS game split screen. I was using a tuner to record another show so I used the remaining tuner for the football game and the PTAT tuner for the baseball game. It worked great.

Tonight I got greedy. I tried to watch the NFL game and the WS game split screen off of the PTAT tuner while recording 2 other shows on the remaining tuners. It actually worked for about 5 minutes. After doing several swaps in a short time one of the pictures froze and then the whole Hopper froze and reset itself.

I'm still impressed with it's performance. It may have worked if I hadn't swapped so much.

If you mix a second Hopper with PIP you could get a freeze or a the very least a no response.
I tried watching a recording from Hopper2 while viewing another program on Hopper1 with PIP. As long as I just watched it worked, but flipping back and forth in PIP froze Hopper1, a red button reset and all was normal again.

Another way to freeze a Hopper is to record 3 channels at once, transfer recordings to EHD, and watch a show over DLNA at the same time. Does it every time. Works for 5-10 minutes then freeze & reboot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys