How to get a Digipower sg100 scematic?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rump_roast_face

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hi all,

Anyone know how/where I can get a Digipower SG100 schematic?

I think my motor died ... well, I can get it to "crank", but there's no more repositioning done while the motor cranks along ... it worked fine for the 2 months I had it, then just yesterday, it started hic-cup-ing ... and skipping .. stopping .. starting ... when I directed it to move east or west.

Didn't matter if I did it from the Fortec setup, or the manual button under the motor.

Right now, it's pointed way east ...

I've disabled limits (never had them on anyhow) ...

Am using new RG6 .. and it's not lengthy.

I did a search for Digipower, hoping to get their company ... but couldn't find a site.

Anyone know a Digipower home page?

Thanks!

rrf

if its a sg2100 then it has motor controls( beside the coax connectors), indicator and a reset ( pinhole). You probably can try those first.while it connected to the receiver , and pointed at zero i would try the reset. if its not use the motor positioner (one press hand hold goes one way west i think and two presses and hold goes the other way East ) till its zeroed and then reset
good luck

Last edited:
it worked fine for the 2 months I had it, then just yesterday, it started hic-cup-ing ... and skipping .. stopping .. starting ... when I directed it to move east or west.

I've disabled limits (never had them on anyhow) ...

Skipping, stopping, starting, sometimes is caused by bad coax ends, coax with a sharp bend, or inline devices (switches, amps, etc.). Testing your motor close to the receiver on a short coax is always a good idea.

If it a DMS SG2100 (and not a knock off) it has 1 year warranty. You can get a RA# at http://www.dmsiusa.com/ra_form.htm.
Your limits (electronic) need to be set for the positioning to work right. You should not disable your limits, electronic or mechanical as they are a fail safe against your receiver driving the motor past the end of the gearing.

thanks and:

Guys, thanks for those replies. Appreciate it!

Well, I've been up on the roof, right next to the motor with my receiver, and small TV along side. I'm using these short RG6 cables while I'm up there ...

I did manage to get the motor to turn east/west intermittantly, but I hear the motor shurning along mostly, with no corresponding movement ... kinda' like trying to start your car and the throttle is dry, .. but it'll crank right along ...

I've attempted movement both by the maual button underneath, and by way of the Fotec setup.

I've also tried resetting it. But I can not get it to return to zero anymoe ....

Yes, it is a genuine SG100 motor.

Also, yes my motor is an authentic unit. I have all the original carton, box, and and receipt. I bought the whole [motorized] package new from Sadoun just about 60 days ago.

I checked that warrantee site you included; yes, I'll attempt to obtain an RA # and ship them the unit.

Must make sure it is truly not working properly before I do, apparantly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)