How to get a Dish 811 to work with an Onkyo Remote

Kalu

Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I just purchased a Onkyo Home Theater System HT-SP904 with a HT-R557 receiver and a RC-681M remote control. I can not get it to control the Dish 811 satellite receiver. I tried all the codes that were listed plus all the codes listed for Echostar but none of them work. Contacted Onkyo but they said to try to find out from Dish what the control code is. The Onkyo remote is expecting to see a four digit control code. Does anybody know the control code to make this combination work?

If memory serves me correct the 811 is a uhf remote and not an IR remote so unless your onkyo remote sends signals on the uhf band then it wont work.

The 811 does use a UHF remote (UHF 8.0 PRO) but I read elsewhere that it has an IR sensor/IR blaster on the front of the unit, which I've confirmed. I've also seen control codes listed for it for other remotes. I just haven't found one that works.

If memory serves me correct the 811 is a uhf remote and not an IR remote so unless your onkyo remote sends signals on the uhf band then it wont work.

the 811 works with IF. I use to have an old 301 remote in the living room for the 811 and the super UHF remote in the bedroom for that same box

Usually, all you need for a Home Theater unit is power and volume.

Do the reverse! Put the Onkyo code in the 811 remote to control the Onkyo.
It's easier, since the 811 remote is already at hand.

fred

I tried that too but none of the codes that were listed in the Dish manual worked on the Onkyo receiver. Maybe this receiver is to new to have the code listed. Both Dish and Onkyo told me if the codes listed in their literature don't work, we can't help you. I was hoping I would find somebody that had the same equipment I had and figured it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts