Is there a map for NHL blackouts?

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I moved to Sioux City because of all the talk about baseball and I get FSN North: FSN Midwest: and Comcast Chicago. It will be nice when MLB rolls around to get up to 6 different games but how come I don't get the MInnesota Wild? I only get hte Chicago Blackhawks.

I don't know of a map for the NHL or the NBA. Here is a map to the MLB territories (just in case):

MLBBLACKOUT.jpg (image)

Good plan for more baseball but it might change later this season anyways. I have heard they are "re-adjusting" the team territories. As far as the Minnesota Wild, I would have assumed you would be within their territory in Sioux City. Anyways, I always notice advertisements for the Nashville Predators on FSN South and, during the advertisement, it will show a map with the areas in which they can be viewed highlighted. I can, however, see the replays (which I'm thinking is the norm for the NHL).

Cade

theres old zipcode rsn list on here which i cant find but it was posted by mikew ive tried that search too and cant find it, hopefully someone will recall where to find it on this site

theres old zipcode rsn list on here which i cant find but it was posted by mikew ive tried that search too and cant find it, hopefully someone will recall where to find it on this site

This is an old list. But it's the only one I know of.
RSN Teams by ZIP
BTW, If you go to order mlb.tv from the mlb website , there is a list of zip codes for blackpout purposes. Bu the list isn't there now. I checked. I would imagine waiting until the schedule is announced then checking the site would be best

thats what i was thinking of dishcomm, thanks
Your team has my team's ex coach..Does Lemaire still chew that gum real fast when he gets pissed?
If you haven't noticed, watch when there's a bad call or the team plays poorly..That jaw starts chomping on that gum like a hungry rabbit on a head of lettuice.

That list says "no information available" for Minnesota Wild at the bottom of the page... It says the same for the Atlanta Thrashers -- I guess that was right as they were entering the league.

Cade

That list isn't right.

Well for Dish that is.

DirecTV still shows the Pirates here on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.

Dish blacks them out. They wouldn't pay the extra from what I'm told...

we've been to confrence finals a few years back
Correct...That was then..This is now...It's go time in St.Paul..Truthfully, unless the Wings suffer thru a great collapse in the last 15 games of the season and it carries over to the post season, they are going to the finals. That team is just too friggin good.
Again,good luck!!

That list isn't right.

Well for Dish that is.

DirecTV still shows the Pirates here on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.

Dish blacks them out. They wouldn't pay the extra from what I'm told...
I believe there is room for interpretation on the part of the providers. The territories are set by the respective leagues themselves.

Correct...That was then..This is now...It's go time in St.Paul..
Truthfully, unless the Wings suffer thru a great collapse in the last 15 games of the season and it carries over to the post season, they are going to the finals. That team is just too friggin good.
Again,good luck!!
the wings are always that good in regular season playoffs is a diff monster
wings will not pass 2nd round this year, i think they wont get past 1st but put 2nd just to cover myself lol

guys with that old map i moved to hamburg IA with *ish for awhile and got every proteam in the midwest except for the detroit area, this was for sd
im sure they have diff requirements for hd just dont know which they are

if you need a timeframe of when this was done search my post about audits as im sure the time coincides
after being hassled harrassed and bullied by the audit team i took the majority of my tv needs to dtv and moved to MT with dtv and couldnt be happier

guys with that old map i moved to hamburg IA with *ish for awhile and got every proteam in the midwest except for the detroit area, this was for sd
im sure they have diff requirements for hd just dont know which they are

if you need a timeframe of when this was done search my post about audits as im sure the time coincides
after being hassled harrassed and bullied by the audit team i took the majority of my tv needs to dtv and moved to MT with dtv and couldnt be happier

The only problem with Hamburg (according to the qualification site on DISH Network) is that you would have to purchase the Multi-Sport package for FSN North which would get you the Wild, Twins, and Brewers. I guess this guy (that started the thread) has the right idea because he gets all three in Sioux City without having to buy anything extra. I'm sort of considering this move myself come baseball season (Oh, and I'd like to keep Big Ten Network without having to buy anything extra, too) so I'm curious:

The Wikipedia articles on the six teams in the territory (MLB) practically say nearly all of four of those teams (Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, and Twins) are shown on the regional sports networks (with the exception of a few). However, for the Cubs and White Sox: It simply says that an equal number is split up between CSN, WGN, and another network. I'm not certain this could be accurate because I don't remember seeing that many Cubs or White Sox games on WGN last year... Anybody know about how many of the games for those two teams would appear on CSN?

Cade

The only problem with Hamburg (according to the qualification site on DISH Network) is that you would have to purchase the Multi-Sport package for FSN North which would get you the Wild, Twins, and Brewers. I guess this guy (that started the thread) has the right idea because he gets all three in Sioux City without having to buy anything extra. I'm sort of considering this move myself come baseball season (Oh, and I'd like to keep Big Ten Network without having to buy anything extra, too) so I'm curious:

The Wikipedia articles on the six teams in the territory (MLB) practically say nearly all of four of those teams (Royals, Cardinals, Brewers, and Twins) are shown on the regional sports networks (with the exception of a few). However, for the Cubs and White Sox: It simply says that an equal number is split up between CSN, WGN, and another network. I'm not certain this could be accurate because I don't remember seeing that many Cubs or White Sox games on WGN last year... Anybody know about how many of the games for those two teams would appear on CSN?

Cade
yes i did purchase fox multipack, also at the time i dont think comcast chicago existed i think it was fsc fox sports chicago when i did this
the majority of ws game are on csn if i recall correctly from last year, plenty of cubs on wgn though

yes i did purchase fox multipack, also at the time i dont think comcast chicago existed i think it was fsc fox sports chicago when i did this
the majority of ws game are on csn if i recall correctly from last year, plenty of cubs on wgn though

Thanks. Like I said, I can remember seeing a few Cubs games on WGN but I really can't remember seeing the White Sox on that network for a while. I'm looking at dropping AT200 the next time my annual payment comes around and sticking with AT100+, KTLA, San Francisco and Atlanta distants (I'm in NE Georgia) and the Encore Movie Package (possibly) from here on out. The girlfriend wanted to keep AT200 just for SoapNet (a show called Port Charles). We kept that package, SOAPNet dropped Port Charles, and now she realizes that she could have caught the two soaps she likes (even though they are on at the same time) by recording one (Young and Restless) on the East or West feed and the other (Days of our Lives) on the other feed. I'm kind of curious as to whether or not DISH would let me back out of the annual subscription, turn it into the annual subscription for AT100+... But I think I may have to wait until next November when it comes up again. If anybody knows the answer to that, let me know... I may also end up adding WWOR and WPIX for a little more baseball. Also, like I said, I don't want to end up losing Big Ten Network (so a move to Iowa would make sense). About the Big Ten Network: does anybody know if they are planning on showing softball and baseball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts