How to get a wing dish installed for free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
It looks like we're finally getting our locals in Cleveland at 61.5 (I hope I didnt jinx it).....I'm going to need a new Dish. I've heard that they're charging $59 or $0 w/24 month commitment. I've also heard some people mention they've been able to get one for free when their HD locals were added.....I was wondering if anyone knows a good strategy to get a new dish for free w/o an additional commitment. TYIA.

It looks like we're finally getting our locals in Cleveland at 61.5 (I hope I didnt jinx it).....I'm going to need a new Dish. I've heard that they're charging $59 or $0 w/24 month commitment. I've also heard some people mention they've been able to get one for free when their HD locals were added.....I was wondering if anyone knows a good strategy to get a new dish for free w/o an additional commitment. TYIA.

My Hd Locals were added a couple of weeks ago. No strategy per se. I just called up dish, explained that my local HD's were now available and I couldn't "see them". It took here a couple of minutes to talk to someone and when she came back to the phone she already had a day scheduled. I called on Saturday and the install was that Wednesday. No charge, no commitment as verified before I hung up. I've got the dish installed and all is well (except for SCI-Fi HD:D).

My Hd Locals were added a couple of weeks ago. No strategy per se. I just called up dish, explained that my local HD's were now available and I couldn't "see them". It took here a couple of minutes to talk to someone and when she came back to the phone she already had a day scheduled. I called on Saturday and the install was that Wednesday. No charge, no commitment as verified before I hung up. I've got the dish installed and all is well (except for SCI-Fi HD:D).

hmm..so they were planning on doing the install before you even called?

can anyone confirm cleveland actually got locals before i waste my time calling?

Sounds good. I hope I'm so lucky.

can anyone confirm cleveland actually got locals before i waste my time calling?

They're not up. Rumor has it that they will be turned on this afternoon, so don't call quite yet.

I emailed ceo @ address I found on this forum after a phone call said $99
I was called right away within 1 hour and got it for free Sunday.
BTW I am in Greensboro, NC and our locals do not come online until later this month, yet they did it anyway.
I knew more than my installer by simply reading this board.
He did say the new bird was going to move and be used in the near future

Sorry, I meant that between the time she put me on hold and came back to the phone they had set up the install date. Sorry again for the confusion.:)

Any suggestions for those of us who already have our locals in HD?

They now have recently been mirrored on 61.5 for the Eastern Arc and I am already looking at 4 different sats....118, 119, 121, & 129.

How would I go about getting 61.5 added.. if possible.. and could I do it with no charge or commitment?

At the moment, I really don't need 118, I had it for the Internationals...(for my wife) but we recently downgraded to the HD Only Pack, + Locals + HBO/Showtime + NBA League Pass.

I'm really getting pretty bad reception lately and I hope to get better reception on 61.5. Lately I can't make it through a Primetime program without getting a broken signal every few minutes. I'm sure it is from just one of those sats or perhaps the trees are getting in the way now that Spring is upon us.

Do they charge to move the dish because of trees?

Do I recall correctly that Scott or someone else mentioned to wait a bit, as E* is supposedly to come out with a new Dish that would be able to look at 4 (or 5?) different sats?

I'm just worried as others are I'm sure... that we existing customers will be left out in the beginning, and I prefer to get 61.5 setup sooner rather than later.

What sucks is that E* just came and removed 61.5 and added 118 because they moved the internationals!

just tell them that the programming you requested is no longer available on the satellites you are looking at

When in reality it is?!?

As clueless as the CSR's usually are, I'm sure they have the ability to see that the programming is clearly still available on the sats I am currently getting.

your not getting the programming from 61.5 are you?

and channels you are subbing to are on 61.5, right?????

get my point?

Specifically what channels would you suggest that I tell them I am not getting from 61.5, that is not also available on any of the other 4 satellites I am already receiving? Because they will ask that.... and I do not believe there is anything on 61.5 that is not already on those other 4 sats... in fact, the majority of the programming on 61.5 is not even available... So I do not think simply telling them that I am not receiving programming is going to work.

I pay for the programming.... not the programming from a certain satellite....

get my point?

meh, i emailed them to save some frustration i'd get on the phone and was told 2nd dish installation is 99 bucks. do they really expect people to pay that?!

I'm in East Texas, and get everything off of 119, 121, and 129 (think I got those right), and the one dish is pointed southwest. Where is 61.5 in relation to that. Do I even need to consider it. Sometimes 129 gets hinky. If 61.5 was in a direction that had fewer trees, and served my needs, I wouldn't mind the additional dish. The first one is on the back of my garage, peeking over the top and hardly noticable.
Thanks

Specifically what channels would you suggest that I tell them I am not getting from 61.5, that is not also available on any of the other 4 satellites I am already receiving? Because they will ask that.... and I do not believe there is anything on 61.5 that is not already on those other 4 sats... in fact, the majority of the programming on 61.5 is not even available... So I do not think simply telling them that I am not receiving programming is going to work.

I pay for the programming.... not the programming from a certain satellite....

get my point?

but you are paying for programming you are not receiving, get my point?

I would say that I'm missing locals.....something that might not be on 129....although the one's on 61.5 may be the MPEG2 version, MPEG4

and all that requires is a Dish 500 with an LNB........for those with some sense of the satellite world, you can do this yourself....skip paying Dish......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)