How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just off the horn with customer service, then sales again. They did have to cancel the order, he didn't have the DVR on it! Fool.

I don't know if he got all the discounts (I doubt it) but the new rep I got this time was most helpful and I could tell she made sure everything was OK. My install date slid a couple days, but I'm in no particular hurry, so I'm all better now.
Not having the DVR is a problem.....good catch!

Ok I am hoping that the following question will not break any forum rules. I do not have AAA but a friend that lives SOME WHAT by me does. Would I be able to use their AAA id to get the discount? Again if this break any forum rules please let me know or just remove it. Thanks

Ok I am hoping that the following question will not break any forum rules. I do not have AAA but a friend that lives SOME WHAT by me does. Would I be able to use their AAA id to get the discount? Again if this break any forum rules please let me know or just remove it. Thanks
Highly doubtful. Would be like using someones credit card.:D

Not exactly I'd say its like using someones coupon... they paid for it ..if they want to let you use the discount that is their decision, it's not like using a credit card? they don't even ask who the person is...

borrow it, use it, dont worry about it...
AAA does have alot of benifits though, but if you can just borrow a couple of benefits I did,... who cares...

ok so the $50 for AAA is worth it then, I guess.....
Well....in my opinion the $50 is worth it...just consider the following:

$10/24 months = $240
$100 saving on a 2nd DVR (you cannot otherwise get this deal)

Current member of D* and AAA are getting $50 off their bill, thus it would be possible that if AAA and D* continue this relationship, you could get $50 off your bill, every year after the initial 2 year contract. Thus paying most of the AAA membership cost.

I was just told by the CSR that is trying to sign me up that if I order a standard receiver for the bedroom that in 30 days I can upgrade to a HDDVR for FREE! Anyone else hear of this?

Just ordered the same deal as everyone else but got a free DVR, standard, for the bedroom instead of the HD DVR for $98. Gave me free showtime for a year and all the other goo stuff. He also threw in some kind of welcome package that gives me like 15 free PPV and extra free months of the other movie channels. Over all so far happy to be part of Diretv, now I just have to make sure the installers are not morons!

I was just told by the CSR that is trying to sign me up that if I order a standard receiver for the bedroom that in 30 days I can upgrade to a HDDVR for FREE! Anyone else hear of this?

Usually you should not count on a sale rep to tell you what may or may not happen after the initial installation.

We can't even trust them for what they CAN promise us. Which is why a lot of notes were posted here to help everyone confirm/track the deals they were promised. Be concerned if you do not see some of the codes on your initial order status.

Last edited:
Hehehe....I wouldn't believe that for a minute. Once you are installed, you lose all of your leverage....

For my own records:

[FONT=&quot]Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free P6688/5 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard Professional Install 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DVR Service 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$0 Delivery & Handling 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Year Free Showtime 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HBO 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]STARZ! 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SHOWTIME 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cinemax 1 $0.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B6291/020 1 $0.00[/FONT]

Not at all it's a region code portion of the card you need.. everyone has the same one in that REGION. Shoot, in my region you can get the AAA region code directly off the site as they have a sample card pictured. :up

Instead of waiting for the mail-in rebate form to arrive, I went online and checked out the rebate center, indeed I qualified for the $20 off for 12 months deal and with a few clicks sent out the rebate request. Was told 6 to 8 weeks for processing.

My re-order from Friday looks much better, although there is no line for the 1 year free Showtime (the rep verbally told me at time of order that I was getting it). Should I call back a third time, or you think it is in there?

My re-order from Friday looks much better, although there is no line for the 1 year free Showtime (the rep verbally told me at time of order that I was getting it). Should I call back a third time, or you think it is in there?

I can't say what you should do on this one. If you know you have all the important items, such as the $20 off, the AAA deal, the $99 HDDVR...This Showtime deal is ideal to have but if you re-order the next rep may mess it up for you again and you could lose some of the above.

Of course if you are like me don't mind ordering for the 5th time...:)

It took about 3-4 days for my 1 year of free showtime to post on my online order.

I can't say what you should do on this one. If you know you have all the important items, such as the $20 off, the AAA deal, the $99 HDDVR...This Showtime deal is ideal to have but if you re-order the next rep may mess it up for you again and you could lose some of the above.

Of course if you are like me don't mind ordering for the 5th time...:)

Guys...I am on the phone with DTV right now, they are saying I cannot do the AAA deal ($10/mo for 24 mos) and the $20 off for 12 months together...Only the AAA deal and the $10 off for 12 months together....How do I get the AAA deal and $20 off for 12 months? Also, they are saying that I can get 2 of the HR-21 HD DVRs for $99 each but that I can only have 1 other additional HD receiver, not the 2 additional ones that I need...Has anyone else run into this and if so, how did you overcome it?

Guys...I am on the phone with DTV right now, they are saying I cannot do the AAA deal ($10/mo for 24 mos) and the $20 off for 12 months together...Only the AAA deal and the $10 off for 12 months together....How do I get the AAA deal and $20 off for 12 months? Also, they are saying that I can get 2 of the HR-21 HD DVRs for $99 each but that I can only have 1 other additional HD receiver, not the 2 additional ones that I need...Has anyone else run into this and if so, how did you overcome it?

You need to call again and talk to another person, not everyone knows what he/she is talking about. Once the order begin they will find out in fact you can add the $20x12 on with this AAA deal. If they still refuse, tell them the $20x12 is available by asking, even though not publicly advertised by DirecTV (the one year Showtime is the same), and AAA promised its member we should qualify for all the standard promos, they can not exclude any things from us which are available to other subs just because we are AAA members getting the AAA deal. It is possible however that the $20x12 is only available in certain regions right now.

With the receivers I don't know did you mean they would only give you two HDDVR's and one HD receiver, but not two HD receivers? How much they wanted the 3rd one?

Thanks!

Jacm-
Thanks for this thread!

I called in - they had to cancel my original order, but I ended up with the same date / time for this Sunday.

But, instead of saving $10 for 12 months, i'm now saving $10 for 12 mths + $10 for 24 months with the AAA special.

You guys rock!

You need to call again and talk to another person, not everyone knows what he/she is talking about. Once the order begin they will find out in fact you can add the $20x12 on with this AAA deal. If they still refuse, tell them the $20x12 is available by asking, even though not publicly advertised by DirecTV (the one year Showtime is the same), and AAA promised its member we should qualify for all the standard promos, they can not exclude any things from us which are available to other subs just because we are AAA members getting the AAA deal. It is possible however that the $20x12 is only available in certain regions right now.

With the receivers I don't know did you mean they would only give you two HDDVR's and one HD receiver, but not two HD receivers? How much they wanted the 3rd one?

I ended up talking to a supervisor "Sean" who was very polite but said that the $20 for 12 months deal had expired and furthermore, when it was still active, was only for online signup...I had already been round and round with him to be able to get the 2 HD DVRs for $99 each and also the 12 mo's of Showtime so I capitulated and "settled" for the AAA deal + $10 off for 12 mo's + 12 mo's of free Showtime + $10 off for 5 mo's using the referral from Scott at Satelliteguys.us (Thanks Scott) +$99 ea for 2 HD DVRs + the standard free premium channels for 3 mo's. He handed me back to the CSR who was shocked at how good a deal I got....What they could not do was give me 2 HD DVRs and 2 HD receivers. They said their system would only allow 3 HD devices on an initial order...Whatever...I will upgrade the standard reciever to HD once I get installed. Installer comes Saturday...

A couple of questions...1) would you guys spring for the Protection Pkg? and 2) would you insist on the HR 21 HD DVR and H21 HD receiver vs the HR20 and H20? Thanks...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts