How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One of the reasons you can't get the 2007 Q4 deal may be this unofficial deal is only available in selected regions now.

Your whole installation has a 90-day warranty, you can decide at that time if you want to add the protection plan.

You can add additional receivers after the first installation, by getting from Costco or BB or CC. Then call DirecTV to install them. Talk to DirecTV and make sure they will install for free before buying from a retailer.

You can also order from DirecTV for additional receivers, but be aware that D* may charge you a $50 if your account is less than two months old.

The chance of getting an HR20 is very slim.

Anyone have a screen shot of the $20 deal, had my install today and D* is totally going back on half my deal. They are saying I needed to call a refer a friend number to get my friends referral and that I am only eligible for $10 off.

I am talking to retention right now and they nobody knows anything about the $20 deal supposedly.

Update:

The retention guys finally gets back on and now says I am not eligible for the $20 deal because I accepted the customer referral. The same Customer referral he took an hour to find confirmation on.

So basically, the online $10 Q4 deal is still there for me but I am afraid it will knock out the AAA deal. I also got charged for the 3 months of movie channels although he got rid of that. The funny part is I had free showtime and they canceled it claiming I couldnt combine it with the $20 national deal and even though they see that they wont acknowledge I was ever getting $20 off.

I know its only $10 but its principle, I am really thinking of canceling. I don't want to fight for the gift card when I dont get it and the Customer referral when I don't get that. I love how nobody knows about a deal that went on up until a week ago.

I got the PDF that jacmyoung posted, should I try to send this in?

Is there anything besides cancel that I can do here?

Anyone have a screen shot of the $20 deal, had my install today and D* is totally going back on half my deal. They are saying I needed to call a refer a friend number to get my friends referral and that I am only eligible for $10 off.

I am talking to retention right now and they nobody knows anything about the $20 deal supposedly.

Update:

The retention guys finally gets back on and now says I am not eligible for the $20 deal because I accepted the customer referral. The same Customer referral he took an hour to find confirmation on.

So basically, the online $10 Q4 deal is still there for me but I am afraid it will knock out the AAA deal. I also got charged for the 3 months of movie channels although he got rid of that. The funny part is I had free showtime and they canceled it claiming I couldnt combine it with the $20 national deal and even though they see that they wont acknowledge I was ever getting $20 off.

I know its only $10 but its principle, I am really thinking of canceling. I don't want to fight for the gift card when I dont get it and the Customer referral when I don't get that. I love how nobody knows about a deal that went on up until a week ago.

I got the PDF that jacmyoung posted, should I try to send this in?

Is there anything besides cancel that I can do here?

If you want to cancel, do so fast so you can get your money back, if you paid any, I think you have three days before the contract penalty kicks in.

Did you register online after the initial order? If so did you see all the codes in there? The AAA website clearly states that the AAA deal is on top of any DirecTV "nationally advertised promotions" so at a minimum you were incorrect about $10 off knocking off the AAA deal.

If you want to cancel, do so fast so you can get your money back, if you paid any, I think you have three days before the contract penalty kicks in.

Did you register online after the initial order? If so did you see all the codes in there? The AAA website clearly states that the AAA deal is on top of any DirecTV "nationally advertised promotions" so at a minimum you were incorrect about $10 off knocking off the AAA deal.

I see the $10 off Q4 deal online. Thing is I ordered during that $20 off week and was promised that deal by a supervisor. Just stinks that they never provide any proof of the deal they offer you.

how do you know you got knocked out of the 20.00 credit. i know it is a rebate you have to submit for and the monthly credits will start to show up in 6-8 weeks. i am having direct installed tomorrow under the same deal and am worried i will run into the same situation.

I'm getting a little worried about my order now. At first the CSR would not give me the $20 off 2007 Q4 deal on top of the AAA discount. I then asked to speak to the supervisor and she confirmed that I could get both. However she said that I could not get the referral discount. But when the CSR came back on the phone she gave me the referral deal as well. I also signed up for autopay to get the $50 gift card.

My order online looks like this. I realize not all the discounts will show but is there any way to confirm all the discounts prior to installation?

Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47
$0.00

PREMIER P000002244000000001
$0.00

HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001
$0.00

DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard Professional Install
$0.00

DVR Service
$0.00

B6291/020
$0.00

Handling
$19.95

DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish
$0.00

I'm getting a little worried about my order now. At first the CSR would not give me the $20 off 2007 Q4 deal on top of the AAA discount. I then asked to speak to the supervisor and she confirmed that I could get both. However she said that I could not get the referral discount. But when the CSR came back on the phone she gave me the referral deal as well. I also signed up for autopay to get the $50 gift card.

My order online looks like this. I realize not all the discounts will show but is there any way to confirm all the discounts prior to installation?

$0.00

PREMIER P000002244000000001
$0.00

$0.00

DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

Standard IRD
$0.00

$0.00

DVR Service
$0.00

B6291/020
$0.00

Handling
$19.95

$0.00

Your first line item is the $20 off deal, the B6291/020 line is the AAA deal. They did not add free showtime for one obviously because you have the premier pack.

So you are good to go. The referral will not show but you can easily call to confirm, they should be able to pull up the info on you account.

Folks that is why I asked you to register online to verify all the items are in there before installation, if any of them do not check out, you still have a chance to cancel and order again.

Read my posts carefully, a little more patience will save you a lot of pain later:)

Thats the problem, there is no way to confirm anything. The frustrating part is even after talking to a supervisor they have a hard time finding any reference to the prior conversations even after they "noted it" in your account.

Thats the problem, there is no way to confirm anything. The frustrating part is even after talking to a supervisor they have a hard time finding any reference to the prior conversations even after they "noted it" in your account.

Most of their notes will pan out sooner or later, just give it time.

Thanks everyone!

I just switched from E* to D* today. Not fully i have 3 monhs left with E* and have already "moved to Altnata" with them so i dropped it down to the HD only package with locals. but i just thought i would post a message thanking ya'll for the help on the the deals that i got from this forum. I wold like to let you know what i got when i signed up yestrerday through the AAA number. Linda was my CSR.

2 HD-DVR's @ $99.00 each

My first month FREE $79 Savings

Cinimax,Shotime,HBO,TMC free of month 2,3, and 4 savings of $42.00x3 that

Shotime free for months 5-16 $12.00x 12 Months

AAA discount of $10 for 24 months

$10 off for first 12 months

Referral discount of $10.00 for 5 months

and $50.00 gift card for autopay!

With all this that is a total savings of $1233.00 over a 24 month period. I really think this was a decent deal. Ill wait to see the bills but all in all if it comes out this way i am saving a ton copared to E*.

So thnks everyone on the hitns on what to ask for!!!!

I just switched from E* to D* today. Not fully i have 3 monhs left with E* and have already "moved to Altnata" with them so i dropped it down to the HD only package with locals. but i just thought i would post a message thanking ya'll for the help on the the deals that i got from this forum. I wold like to let you know what i got when i signed up yestrerday through the AAA number. Linda was my CSR.

2 HD-DVR's @ $99.00 each

My first month FREE $79 Savings

Cinimax,Shotime,HBO,TMC free of month 2,3, and 4 savings of $42.00x3 that

Shotime free for months 5-16 $12.00x 12 Months

AAA discount of $10 for 24 months

$10 off for first 12 months

Referral discount of $10.00 for 5 months

and $50.00 gift card for autopay!

With all this that is a total savings of $1233.00 over a 24 month period. I really think this was a decent deal. Ill wait to see the bills but all in all if it comes out this way i am saving a ton copared to E*.

So thnks everyone on the hitns on what to ask for!!!!

After years with cable, I'm going with D*. How did you get the first month free?
I really only need/want 1 hd-dvr and 1 regular receiver, could I get both for free?
Thanks

Does anyone know if after the 3 free mo's of the movie channels do they charge you to downgrade(drop them) like E* does?

It will be hard to get the HD-DVR for free, but you might try. You never know till you try.

After years with cable, I'm going with D*. How did you get the first month free?
I really only need/want 1 hd-dvr and 1 regular receiver, could I get both for free?
Thanks

Something new everyday! It'd be nice to tell us how you got that one if there is a code to associate to that free month deal. I know E* is doing three months free now, meaning 1st, 10th and 20th months free, D* may be matching it.

Not bad even if the $20 off for 12 months is over.

Keep in mind if you don't see the codes in your online account, don't expect the deals are on, even if the sales rep told you so. In fact don't be fooled when the rep tells you explicitly how much you would pay each months, he/she is just pulling out a calculator on the screen and manually entering all the deals you asked for and out comes all the numbers, but there is no guarantee he/she did add the deals for you in the order. That is why online verification before installation is so important.

Here's what I got, still might change to the HD-DVR, just don't watch that much TV:

$0.00
CHOICE XTRA P000006355000000001
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
$0.00
$0.00
Standard IRD
$0.00
HBO
$0.00
STARZ!
$0.00
SHOWTIME
$0.00
Cinemax
$0.00
Handling
$19.95
B6291/020
$0.00
1 Year Free Showtime
$0.00

He said I should get the $50 gift card, should that show up above?
Thanks OP.

...He said I should get the $50 gift card, should that show up above?...

No.

Yours looked good to me. The 2007 Q4 deal is still available but likely only in selected states now.

BTW, it is almost impossible to make changes in the order, you will likely have to cancel and re-order. This was one thing I did not like about the DirecTV's ordering process. Very difficult, if not impossible to modify an order.

My cousin gets D* through a Qwest bundling deal. Will I be able to use him for the $50 referral?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)