How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update, someone was able to get the $300 freebie welcome to DirecTV coupon/gift book too. It is not as easy to get but if you have the tenacity, might as well try it, talk to a manager if necessary.

Just called the AAA number and received the following:

$10/mp off for 24 months (AAA deal)
$18/mo off for 12 months (their current promo)
$10/mo off for 5 months (referral credit)
Waived shipping & handling fee

2 (yes two) HD DVRs at $99 each. He explained that the AAA deal offers $100 in equipment credit on up to two HD DVRs.

Free Showtime & Starz for 3 months... I could not get Showtime for 1 year unfortunately, but I was able to get everything else people have been getting with no hassle.

I'm switching from E* and hoping I'll be happy!

Just called the AAA number and received the following:

$10/mp off for 24 months (AAA deal)
$18/mo off for 12 months (their current promo)
$10/mo off for 5 months (referral credit)
Waived shipping & handling fee

2 (yes two) HD DVRs at $99 each. He explained that the AAA deal offers $100 in equipment credit on up to two HD DVRs.

Free Showtime & Starz for 3 months... I could not get Showtime for 1 year unfortunately, but I was able to get everything else people have been getting with no hassle.

I'm switching from E* and hoping I'll be happy!

I got it all too with 2 exceptions:
I payed for S/H
I got 1 yr of Showtime

I also seem to have gotten a deal on additional recievers. I am getting 2 HDDVR's, 1 SD DVR, and one standard. I was told I only have to pay $4.95 for one of those recievers.

Any input?

Install is coming up (with Ironwood??? I'm a little nervous about that) and I'm really excited. I've been with E* since 97 but they are falling behind now. I'll re-evalutae in 2 years.

I signed up for Directv through the AAA phone number. When I got my 1st bill the $10 credit did not show up. I called Directv and asked about the credit and was told the offer had expired. I told the rep. that AAA's web site still was showing the offer but he said he was sorry but the offer is over. I will call AAA in the morning and ask them about it. I will let you know what I find out. :mad:

I signed up for Directv through the AAA phone number. When I got my 1st bill the $10 credit did not show up. I called Directv and asked about the credit and was told the offer had expired. I told the rep. that AAA's web site still was showing the offer but he said he was sorry but the offer is over. I will call AAA in the morning and ask them about it. I will let you know what I find out. :mad:

That is why if you read this thread carefully it is important to verify all the discount codes before installation.

BTW it appears the $300 coupon/gift book is available, you just need to request to speak to a superviser to get it. And likewise you can verify this book by register online before installation.

I talked to another Directv rep today and was told the discount would show up on my next statement. I will wait and see.

Just a heads up, it appeared DirecTV had a system wide glitch that for people who installed in 10, 11, 12/07 and 01/08 All the credits are not applied on their accounts this bill cycle, and DirecTV issued an internal alert that it will be corrected in the next billing cycle.

I don't know if this is true so anyone fits that profile please verify this. I am a little concerned now since those are the months when the 2007 Q4 $20 rebate deal was in effect. Let's hope it is indeed just a glitch, otherwise there will be many unhappy people.

And your missing AAA discount does not seem to apply since you obviously is very new, so you should continue to monitor to be sure your AAA will appear next month. Again you can go online to setup your acct to find out if your AAA code is in there or not.

Here are my order details - does this look sane?

PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 Free
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $99.00
Standard Professional Install Free
$0 Delivery & Handling Free
STARZ! Free
SHOWTIME Free
B6291/020 Free
DVR Service Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $99.00

The one HD DVR listed as free was actually $99.

Well did sign up for DTV today and under pending order this is my info

ItemQuantityAmount
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
DVR Service1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free

I did do the $50 referral item but was told that wouldnt show untill its actually installed/activated. Did I miss anything or does this look about right?
Was told my monthly bill for 5 months, not counting the referral and paperless billing $57 then $67. Am going to call back tho and see if can get the Coupon book

You are missing Showtime free for one year. Also did you ask for the $300 coupon/gift book?

I asked for the Showtime offer and I was told I was not eligible for that (!!!)... I tried twice, no go.

I wasn't aware of the coupon/gift book at the time.

Well did sign up for DTV today and under pending order this is my info

ItemQuantityAmount
PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
DVR Service1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free

I did do the $50 referral item but was told that wouldnt show untill its actually installed/activated. Did I miss anything or does this look about right?
Was told my monthly bill for 5 months, not counting the referral and paperless billing $57 then $67. Am going to call back tho and see if can get the Coupon book

I don't see AAA $240 discount code.

The showtime deal is YMMV. People have reported having to pay a $19.99 S&H charge in order to get the 1 year of free showtime.

I asked for the Showtime offer and I was told I was not eligible for that (!!!)... I tried twice, no go.

I wasn't aware of the coupon/gift book at the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)