How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The showtime deal is YMMV. People have reported having to pay a $19.99 S&H charge in order to get the 1 year of free showtime.

Interesting. I can't remember if I asked for Showtime or free S&H first. I'd say future users of this deal should go for the Showtime deal first!

Well called DTV back this morning about the coupon book and they said no problem, didn't even have to ask for a supervisor, so I'm happy.

Well called DTV back this morning about the coupon book and they said no problem, didn't even have to ask for a supervisor, so I'm happy.

That is what I heard from other folks too, good deal!

Now if only someone can let us know exactly what are in this $300 gift book. One person said he thought it was 60 free HDPPV movie coupons.

If you are not under contract can you just cancel your service and sign up as a new customer a few days later ? I was going to try this but I am sure what I was doing would stick out like a turd in a punch bowl yet am not sure if that would impact the deal as technically I am not a customer if I cancel.

Just a new name would do. DirecTV does not insist you give SS# but if you use a different name there is a different SS#.

I share your guilty feeling:) but if you look at it this way, DirecTV rather you are a DirecTV sub than you are a DISH or someone else's sub.

Not sure what the coupons are but anything free is good to me, hehe

Even though I often say $300 coupon book, the fact is no one has reported seeing it since it is new. The first two subs told me about it only two weeks ago, DirecTV agents described it as a coupon book of $300 value.

Therefore your attitude is a very logical one:)

I am glad I found this forum.
I had ordered DirecTV earlier this week (I have finally had it with Comcast) and did not realize there a ton of discounts available. The installation was scheduled for this Friday but when I saw the extra discounts for AAA members, I called and was able to get the AAA discount, 1 year Showtime for free, the additional promotional discounts that DirecTV is offering ($18month off)and the coupon book. Along with a standard dvr upgrade, also free!
Thank you forum members!!!

Very good to hear.

Besides the deals have gotten better, another positive thing is DirecTV will allow modification of an order prior to installation now. When we started this movement three months ago, the only way to change an order was to cancel the old one and order again.

I'm signing up for DTV very soon (next week or so), what do you say to the operators on the other end? "Hey, I saw some discounts/free offers online and I'd like to run these by you and see which ones I qualify for. " ?

Most people simply said a few of my friends ordered by calling this #, and one gave me his acct # and also a list of things he got, I am calling to order and request the same discounts he said I definitely should get. I'd very appreciate if you can help me with that.

I would not act too smart by telling them you know exactly where are those discounts being announced. You may end up with the lady/guy telling you no you can not combine discounts you smart a#$!

Always be the smart one but let the other guy think you are the dumber one:) He goes home happy that he is smarter than you and was able to help a dumber guy out, you go home happy because you got what you wanted and you know for a fact you are smarter:)

A win win situation.

since already have an order with DTV should I call the main dtv number or the one for AAA. was going to skip getting an aaa membership but now reconsidering and my install isnt tilll next monday so still time. As for the 18 a month off deal should that be showing on my order or just something I ask for?

I definitly know how to play dumb...hehe

since already have an order with DTV should I call the main dtv number or the one for AAA. was going to skip getting an aaa membership but now reconsidering and my install isnt tilll next monday so still time. As for the 18 a month off deal should that be showing on my order or just something I ask for?

I definitly know how to play dumb...hehe

You can certainly call that AAA # to ask if your AAA deal can be added. You never know, might be able to have everything in the world:) Let us know.

Okay so I call the AAA DTV number for the one offer and then should I call the main DTV number to confirm about the 18 a month off offer? Sorry for being such a pain with all the questions but just want to make sure all my bases are covered :D

Okay so I call the AAA DTV number for the one offer and then should I call the main DTV number to confirm about the 18 a month off offer? Sorry for being such a pain with all the questions but just want to make sure all my bases are covered :D

What did they say? Did you have to cancel and re-order?

So this is what I did.
I called the toll free number that is on the AAA site (member discount section) and the rep I got was very pleasant and informative.
I explained that I had ordered DirecTV earlier this week and that I did not realize there was additional discounts for AAA members. She was glad to give me the additional discount but had to cancel my original order and create a new one.
At the end of the conversation, I asked her about the coupon book and she asked if I wanted that too and I said "sure"(she did not offer it up, I had to ask). The thing with that was that she had to place it in the original order, so she had to cancel the account she just created and then create a new one.
I did have to pay the $19.99 + tax for the year free of Showtime but to me i think that is worth it.

So when you are placing your order ask about the book and any other discounts you may qualify for so that you will not have to go through cancelling an order and re-creating.

With the discounts, I am saving approx $30 month for the first year.

I asked about the coupon book and she did say one of the first coupons is for a free movie order.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)