How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So this is what I did.
I called the toll free number that is on the AAA site (member discount section) and the rep I got was very pleasant and informative.
I explained that I had ordered DirecTV earlier this week and that I did not realize there was additional discounts for AAA members. She was glad to give me the additional discount but had to cancel my original order and create a new one.
At the end of the conversation, I asked her about the coupon book and she asked if I wanted that too and I said "sure"(she did not offer it up, I had to ask). The thing with that was that she had to place it in the original order, so she had to cancel the account she just created and then create a new one.
I did have to pay the $19.99 + tax for the year free of Showtime but to me i think that is worth it.

So when you are placing your order ask about the book and any other discounts you may qualify for so that you will not have to go through cancelling an order and re-creating.

With the discounts, I am saving approx $30 month for the first year.

That sounded to me they still do not allow modification of an order.

The $19.99 sounded like the shipping and handling fee, which for most of us it can be waived too, but somehow for some it was not possible.

Well I talked with DTV and they could modify the order but was told its an either or deal....$18 a month discount for a yr which Im currently set for OR $10 off a month for 24 months which is pretty much a wash to me so just keeping my current order.

Well I talked with DTV and they could modify the order but was told its an either or deal....$18 a month discount for a yr which Im currently set for OR $10 off a month for 24 months which is pretty much a wash to me so just keeping my current order.

this is not correct .. call again ... you get both.

If they tell you that you don't - cancel the order and then call the AAA number and re-order ...

They were correct, sounded you had ordered DirecTV through the regular ordering line before, if so you need to cancel that order, then follow the directions in this thread to order again.

Is the only way to get these discounts is to order online? My cousin is a dealer and I would rather go through him.

Yes you have to go thru the AAA number, if you place the order thru their regular number or thru someone else its kind of a pain. They have me set up now but they had to cancel my old order and acct # and then gave me new ones but since I'd already registered online to the old acct I cant go online untill they delete my old online acct info to check for sure but I did get someone at direct tv to pull up the new order and they verified everything is the same but that the AAA discount was added. So for 1 yr I'll get $18 off plus AAA $10 discount and then $10 off a month for the next 12 months. Once they get things straightened out so I can access my acct online I'll post the new info.

Gave up on waiting for DTV to purge the old registraition so reregistered with another email addy I have and was able to pull up the acct so here is the info on my pending order:

PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
Savings Certificate Booklet1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
B6291/0201 Free <----This is the AAA discount I believe
DVR Service1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish

Looks like got everything right and set to save a good deal. Thx for the thread :D

Gave up on waiting for DTV to purge the old registraition so reregistered with another email addy I have and was able to pull up the acct so here is the info on my pending order:

PLUS HD DVR P0000063640000000011 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P0000063760000000011 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)1 Free
Standard Professional Install1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling1 Free
Savings Certificate Booklet1 Free
HBO1 Free
STARZ!1 Free
SHOWTIME1 Free
B6291/0201 Free <----This is the AAA discount I believe
DVR Service1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish

Looks like got everything right and set to save a good deal. Thx for the thread :D

How did you manage to get HBO? I thought only Starz and Showtime are free right now.

BTW I got a little more details on the savings book, aside from some PPV coupons, there are free Starz for two more months, some free sports pack coupons, with "total value of over $300".

Well initially with the pkg I was going to get I was going to have to pay to add HBO so they set me up with some free HBO as well. Then because I decided to go with the premium pkg instead they left it in and told me the 3 months of free movie channels would be given as a discount on my first few bills so I kept my mouth shut hehe. :)

Hey Guys,
I am about ready to make the switch to Directv from Dish. I am a little confused with some of these posts regarding all the discounts. I want to get the Choice Xtra with HD & DVR service. I called and asked once and basically was told I could get all the discounts except I had to pay for dvr service and $99 for the HD DVR. I have seen lots of posts here that say free dvr service and some free dvr. Is that the case? Do I need to work thru a supervisor?
AAA=$10,
Online deal=$18
3 mo ST&Starz = free
1yr ST= free
Referral= $50
Autopay& Paperless=$20
S & H = free
$300 Coupon book
Nascar Hotpass?
RF remotes? $25 each (I need two)

One more subject. I need an OTA tuner. Should I get a HR20 or an HR21 & AM21
Thanks

No, you need to call the # listed on the first post.

The only discount I'm interested in is the $99 for each HD DVR. I don't want to order my service through AAA. I want to get it from my cousin who is a retailer. So I'm assuming you can't get the same prices on the receivers unless through AAA?

The only discount I'm interested in is the $99 for each HD DVR. I don't want to order my service through AAA. I want to get it from my cousin who is a retailer. So I'm assuming you can't get the same prices on the receivers unless through AAA?

The only other way to get two HDDVR's for $99 each is DirecTV's employee's/family members referral deal, I don't know if your cousin dealer can qualify.

Hey Guys,
I am about ready to make the switch to Directv from Dish. I am a little confused with some of these posts regarding all the discounts. I want to get the Choice Xtra with HD & DVR service. I called and asked once and basically was told I could get all the discounts except I had to pay for dvr service and $99 for the HD DVR. I have seen lots of posts here that say free dvr service and some free dvr. Is that the case? Do I need to work thru a supervisor?
AAA=$10,
Online deal=$18
3 mo ST&Starz = free
1yr ST= free
Referral= $50
Autopay& Paperless=$20
S & H = free
$300 Coupon book
Nascar Hotpass?
RF remotes? $25 each (I need two)

One more subject. I need an OTA tuner. Should I get a HR20 or an HR21 & AM21
Thanks

No free HDDVR for a NEW sub yet, $99 is the minimum for now. You need to ask for an HR20 but your chance of getting it is not good, the HR21 has no OTA yet but AM21 add-on is supposed to be available in May, however it has been delayed before.

You can order an HR21 then call DirecTV later ask for a free AM21 when available, citing your initial request for OTA but not able to get an HR20. It is possible they will let you have one without the $59 charge.

What? So now they aren't giving away HD DVRs like candy? How come when I said I couldn't get one for free,Its because I didn't ask D* in the proper manor! So now your admitting that they can't be had for free? Here's your claim :"Which is why I never listed the E* discounts I got as an advantage, or the two free HDDVR's I got from D* after becoming D* sub," This is right from the war Zone!

Look pal I suggest you read first before you even try me. You have been doing so often enough for me to begin to think you have some issue with yourself.

I said "NEW" subs, got that? Can you not read English? I got two free ones after I became a sub so I was no longer new! Get a life!

Now I hope no prospective DirecTV subs get confused by my letting off some steam on this guy, he has been following me around lately accusing me of lying, among many other things, and he has yet to make his rants stick!

Now I am not saying once you become a DirecTV sub you can easily get free HDDVR's, it wouldn't be easy, and it requires a lot of patience and know how and I am not even going to get you in on the details because it may undermind my relation with DirecTV. So take this post for what it is, my response to this guy's unprovoked attack, an attack with no ammunition to begin with, that's all.

Look pal I suggest you read first before you even try me. You have been doing so often enough for me to begin to think you have some issue with yourself.

I said "NEW" subs, got that? Can you not read English? I got two free ones after I became a sub so I was no longer new! Get a life!
You are so full of it! Your busted!:mad:

Now I hope no prospective DirecTV subs get confused by my letting off some steam on this guy, he has been following me around lately accusing me of lying, among many other things, and he has yet to make his rants stick!

Now I am not saying once you become a DirecTV sub you can easily get free HDDVR's, it wouldn't be easy, and it requires a lot of patience and know how and I am not even going to get you in on the details because it may undermind my relation with DirecTV. So take this post for what it is, my response to this guy's unprovoked attack, an attack with no ammunition to begin with, that's all.
The only one giving misleading info is you! If you just paid $198 for 2 DVR's ,and then your going to tell all these smart people that 2 months later you called D* and they gave you 2 more Free HD DVR's , at your request . Thats Bull S@#$!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts