SD DVR free
SD Receivers x 3 free
Coupon book
3 months of starz, hbo, showtime
1yr of showtime
$5 X 10 months for referral
$10 x 24 months AAA offer
$23 x 12 months Directv offer
I asked about the SWM slimline, the agent put me on hold, came back on & said we can put that on the order. My county (San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara) are on the 1st phase of rollout. Hopefully I'll be getting it or I might have to cancel the order if the installer doesn't have it in the truck.
Install is set for 6/22/08, 8 am - 12 noon.

Thanks to everyone for your hints and tips to get these great deals!

johnboy, did the AAA discount show up in your pending order on the Directv website? My install is on Saturday and I'm trying to figure out if anyone has it show up before install.

claymoreclan, I finally got my confirmation this a.m., it is not shown on the confirmation. I called and an agent told me it was there, I also didn't have the $23 off a month on the confirmation, but she said that was it too was on her computer. I'm supposed to get a letter in the mail with all the discounts and whole order. Hope I helped any.

I had two CSR's tell me that all the discounts I was told I was getting would show up after activation but wouldn't show up until then. My confirmation letter only had showtime, savings booklet, and a line that said cash back but didn't have an amount. Nothing mentioned AAA. If they are telling you that they can see the AAA discount then these CSR's I talked to are full of crap. They really seem to make this as difficult as possible. Looks like I get to make another call.

6/17-Called last night and the guy I talked to knew what he was doing. He did see the AAA discount and I knew he wasn't blowing smoke when he started reading the rules regarding the discount should show up by the second billing cycle and if it doesn't it will be escalated. So if anyone doesn't see it on the confirmation letter it doesn't mean you don't have it but I would call a CSR to confirm.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread! I have decided to try DirecTv after having Dish, Expressvu and Comcast. In fact, I'm waiting for the installer to show up right now.

I have AAA and got most of the discounts stated here.
Here's what I was offered when I called.

AAA Discount ($10 off for 24 mos)
New Customer Deal ($23 off for 12 mos)
$50 Referral ($10.00 for 5 months)
$300 Coupon Booklet (Savings Certificate Book)
HBO/STARZ free for 3 mos
SHOWTIME free for 12 mos
2 HDDVR Receivers with Off Air Tuners $198

I requested a SWM Slimline since they could use existing wiring with that.
None of the discounts showed up on my confirmation email so hopefully they will after the install. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Are the HD DVR's dual tuners to operate 2 TV's, 1-HD & 1-SD?

Do they come with 2 remotes?

Extra charge to run the 2nd TV?

Thanks...getting ready to swith from cable & trying to decide between D* & E*...feedback appreciated.

If you can please keep the thread updated on what you find out about the Verizon discount, I'm sure anyone with verizon would appreciate getting another $10 off for 12 months.
I did get both the AAA and Verizon discount on my first bill.

Installation went very well. No problem other than installer initially forgot to ask if I needed phone line filters due to DSL. That need became apparent quickly.

Thanks for this thread! I have decided to try DirecTv after having Dish, Expressvu and Comcast. In fact, I'm waiting for the installer to show up right now.

I have AAA and got most of the discounts stated here.
Here's what I was offered when I called.

AAA Discount ($10 off for 24 mos)
New Customer Deal ($23 off for 12 mos)
$50 Referral ($10.00 for 5 months)
$300 Coupon Booklet (Savings Certificate Book)
HBO/STARZ free for 3 mos
SHOWTIME free for 12 mos
2 HDDVR Receivers with Off Air Tuners $198

I requested a SWM Slimline since they could use existing wiring with that.
None of the discounts showed up on my confirmation email so hopefully they will after the install. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Hi DJ,

How did you get 2 HDDVR Receivers with Off Air Tuners for $198, I was told that I only can get one $100 rebate? I really want to get the same deal,:).

Have to commit for 24 months?

Thx,
A~

Thanks JohnSW and jacmyoung and everyone for all their help, just ordered my DirecTV system:

AAA Deal ($10 off for 24 months)
National Customer Deal ($23 off for 12 months)
Autopay ($20 off for 1 month)
$50 Referral Deal
Savings Certificate Book
HBO free for 3 months

STARZ free for 3 months
SHOWTIME free for 1 year
$99 HD DVR
Free HD Reciever
Plus HD DVR Package with 4 total TV's and Sports Package aswell

I think I got everything I possibly could, is there anything more I could have squeezed out?

Hi Commex,

Could you tell how you get the HD receiver for free? Are you getting the "PLUS HD DVR" package?

I asked today, they only offer $100 off the equipment,:(.

Thx,
A~

I just called. Originally the lady told me they're offering $100 off your first HD-DVR, but then after she ran my credit, I asked her "I've heard of some people getting more than one HD-DVR for $99 each"... And she was like "Yes sir, you qualified for an extra $100 off equipment, so each HD-DVR will be $99"...

So maybe it IS based on your credit? Which is weird, because my credit sucks... LOL...

Please keep us posted

I spent 2 hrs and got totally oppsite answers:

Some rep. said No 2 HD DVR, some said yes...

Any lucky guys here got 2 HD DVR for $198 offers please update us after you get installed, thx.

I spent 2 hrs and got totally oppsite answers:

Some rep. said No 2 HD DVR, some said yes...

Any lucky guys here got 2 HD DVR for $198 offers please update us after you get installed, thx.

I did. Not installed yet, but I registered on DirecTV's site my account and looked at the order, and it plainly shows 2 HD-DVRs..... Got two HD-DVRs and one SD-DVR....equipment total was $342 after taxes and $19.95 shipping.

I did. Not installed yet, but I registered on DirecTV's site my account and looked at the order, and it plainly shows 2 HD-DVRs..... Got two HD-DVRs and one SD-DVR....equipment total was $342 after taxes and $19.95 shipping.

No you did not , he was asking if you got 2 hddvr's for $198.
Or if you did get 2 hddvr for $198 then you also paid $144 extra for an sd-dvr and shipping and handeling!

No you did not , he was asking if you got 2 hddvr's for $198.
Or if you did get 2 hddvr for $198 then you also paid $144 extra for an sd-dvr and shipping and handeling!

Got math skills?

$99 (hd-dvr) + $99 (hd-dvr) + $99 (sd-dvr) = $297 + 19.95 (shipping) = $316.95 + 8% (tax) = $342.31

Anymore questions? The SD-DVR wasn't free. I'm not sure of anyone in this thread who's gotten two HD-DVRs for $198 AND a free SD-DVR (didn't read every single post though, so i could be wrong).

Got math skills?

$99 (hd-dvr) + $99 (hd-dvr) + $99 (sd-dvr) = $297 + 19.95 (shipping) = $316.95 + 8% (tax) = $342.31

Anymore questions? The SD-DVR wasn't free. I'm not sure of anyone in this thread who's gotten two HD-DVRs for $198 AND a free SD-DVR (didn't read every single post though, so i could be wrong).

OK, I retrive my earlier comment. Still call CSR and see if they would waive the SD-DVR fee of $99. Keep in mind unless you got the Plus HD DVR pkg, you'll be paying $4.95 monthly fee for each DVR.
If you got the Plus HD DVR Pkg , 1st DVR has no monthly fee but the other 2 will.

OK, I retrive my earlier comment. Still call CSR and see if they would waive the SD-DVR fee of $99. Keep in mind unless you got the Plus HD DVR pkg, you'll be paying $4.95 monthly fee for each DVR.
If you got the Plus HD DVR Pkg , 1st DVR has no monthly fee but the other 2 will.

I did get the Plus HD DVR package :)

DirecTV only charges a DVR fee for each account, not each receiver, so you do not have to have the HD-DVR package, although most people do.

There is a 4.99 charge for each additional receiver past the first.

With this AAA deal (by calling the 800# in the first post), you get up to two HDDVRs for $99 each, or up to two HD receivers/SDDVRs for free, or the combination of the above two receivers. Some sales reps have no clue, they will tell you just one $100 rebate, but once they start on the AAA deal screen to process the order they will find out the two rebates available. This has nothing to do with your credit score, only to do with this AAA special deal.

You will need to order the "Plus" package to qualify for the $23x12months rebate.

They will check your credit though. I don't think you need to have very good credit to qualify for the AAA deal.

Shew....21 pages to catch up.

Hello - new member here and wanted to detail experience and offer.

The first installer told me I wouldn't get the 119 Sat signal and asked if I wanted a second opinion. So I said sure because there is no way a tree 30 feet away is taller then a 3 story townhome. My original offer was listed as this.

2 - HD/DVRs
1 - SD Receiver
3 - Months Show/HBO/Starz Free
1 - Year Showtime
1 - Coupon Book
Cash back Redemption $5 for 12 months
AAA (although not listed on order, they assured me it was there)
2008 Q1 National Offer (Received rebate email about these 2)
$18 off for 12 months
Q1-08 Cash Back Offer
$5 off for 12 months
Plus HD-DVR Service

All this for 209.54! So I was real salty when the guy said no go on the install due to signal obstructions. The CSR said they would have to do a site survey and get back to me. I never heard back from them, so I called the installation hotline and "lightly" complained. The CSR apologized and set up a new date install date, this past Saturday. 2nd installer was fantastic! The new deal I got for all the trouble was everything previously except

1 - HD Receiver instead of SD Receiver
$100 additional off

Everything is great now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)