How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shew....21 pages to catch up.

Hello - new member here and wanted to detail experience and offer.

The first installer told me I wouldn't get the 119 Sat signal and asked if I wanted a second opinion. So I said sure because there is no way a tree 30 feet away is taller then a 3 story townhome. My original offer was listed as this.

2 - HD/DVRs
1 - SD Receiver
3 - Months Show/HBO/Starz Free
1 - Year Showtime
1 - Coupon Book
Cash back Redemption $5 for 12 months
AAA (although not listed on order, they assured me it was there)
2008 Q1 National Offer (Received rebate email about these 2)
$18 off for 12 months
Q1-08 Cash Back Offer
$5 off for 12 months
Plus HD-DVR Service

All this for 209.54! So I was real salty when the guy said no go on the install due to signal obstructions. The CSR said they would have to do a site survey and get back to me. I never heard back from them, so I called the installation hotline and "lightly" complained. The CSR apologized and set up a new date install date, this past Saturday. 2nd installer was fantastic! The new deal I got for all the trouble was everything previously except

1 - HD Receiver instead of SD Receiver
$100 additional off

Everything is great now!

Great! You might get the most freebies,:).

One question, what's the last chance I could cancel the service without any charge? Before the installation? Or three days after? I am waiting for the installation tomorrow...

Thx,
A~

The first installer told me I wouldn't get the 119 Sat signal and asked if I wanted a second opinion. So I said sure because there is no way a tree 30 feet away is taller then a 3 story townhome. My original offer was listed as this.

2 - HD/DVRs
1 - SD Receiver
1 - Year Showtime
1 - Coupon Book
$18 off for 12 months
Q1-08 Cash Back Offer
$5 off for 12 months
Plus HD-DVR Service

All this for 209.54! So I was real salty when the guy said no go on the install due to signal obstructions. The CSR said they would have to do a site survey and get back to me. I never heard back from them, so I called the installation hotline and "lightly" complained. The CSR apologized and set up a new date install date, this past Saturday. 2nd installer was fantastic! The new deal I got for all the trouble was everything previously except

$100 additional off

Everything is great now!

BTW, which HD DVR model did you get, HR20 OR HR21?

I got the AAA deal too. All of the basic goodies thrown in. It was no problem getting any of the discounts ... now it is just watching the bill to make sure they actually show up.

My equipment was installed this past Saturday. I got the HR21-200 HD DVR and R22-100 SD DVR. Was just going to get a plain SD receiver, but they offered the R22 at no additional charge, so I took it.

I would cancel ASAP, prior to install.

I got 2 - HR21-100 HD DVRs and 1 H21(?,Black HD Only box). These run cooler then my SA83000DVRs, less noise too.

So we should just check the mail for the 300 Dollar coupon book?

2 - HD/DVRs
1 - SD Receiver
1 - Year Showtime
1 - Coupon Book
$18 off for 12 months
Q1-08 Cash Back Offer
$5 off for 12 months
Plus HD-DVR Service

$100 additional off

Everything is great now!

Why is it $18 off/montn? instead of $23. I know you got extra $5 off too, but they offered me $5 off/1yr on top op $23 due to AAA.

Is this the new promotion that will start on 6/25?

Also what is " Q1-08 Cash Back Offer " ?

Just talked to a D* rep this AM and he said that today is the last day for the $23 off. He alluded to the fact that the next promo isn't nearly as good (like half or less, I think). Has anyone heard about this??

Why is it $18 off/montn? instead of $23. I know you got extra $5 off too, but they offered me $5 off/1yr on top op $23 due to AAA.

Is this the new promotion that will start on 6/25?

Also what is " Q1-08 Cash Back Offer " ?

Q1-08 cash back offer was $20 off for 12 months, they then changed to $18 off for 12 months in Q2-08, soon after, the price of the packages went up by $3. They then added another $5 off for 12 months on top of $18 off, making it $23 off but only to match the $20 off Q1-08 deal because of the $3 price hike.

I hope you are not confused by now:)

Tomorrow a new national promotion will come out, rumor has it if you order NFL ST, you get free HDDVR. Don't know if such deal will be available in the AAA deal too.

Please anyone let us know what you can find out.

Well, signed up tonight - a few hours ago now. Will post my confirmation when I get it for your thoughts making sure I got everything I was promised. Didn't get the lot, but most of it. And, I'm happy.

How long should I have to wait before I get the confirmation email?

Well, signed up tonight - a few hours ago now. Will post my confirmation when I get it for your thoughts making sure I got everything I was promised. Didn't get the lot, but most of it. And, I'm happy.

How long should I have to wait before I get the confirmation email?

You can register online right the way and then go into your account to copy your order details here. I thought the confirmation email does not give out order details.

OK, thought I had to get the email before I registered online but I went ahead and did that and all is well! So here is the order. I'm not sure everything is there but the CSR went over it at least two times with me so I hope it's all OK...

Cash Back_Requires Redemption _$5 for 12 Months Cl B6820/1
Free
$0.00
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001
Free
$0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001
Free
$0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
Free
$0.00
HBO
Free
$0.00
STARZ!
Free
$0.00
SHOWTIME
Free
$0.00
B6291/020
Free
$0.00
DVR Service
Free
$0.00
1 Year Free Showtime
Free
$0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish
Free
$0.00
Free
Standard Professional Install
$19.95
Handling
$0.00
Tax

I should have the AAA, $23 off/1 year, $50 referral credit, 1 year Showtime, 3 months HBO, Sho and Starz. He tried to do the free s/h but couldn't figure out how to do it and had never heard of the $300 booklet. Strangely, when I called this AM (the main D* number) just to get some info, he offered me everything but the AAA and free s/h without my asking.

Anyway, I'm happy with the deal I got, though I may still try to get the free coupon book. Since a lot of it is sports stuff, we wouldn't use a lot of it anyway.

Is everything there or do I need to call back. If I do need to call, how do I approach it all?

Do I have to wait for installation before I register the rebate? I think the CSR said that I did (but then he didn't know about the $300 coupon book either ;) )

Thanks again for everything!!

...Strangely, when I called this AM (the main D* number) just to get some info, he offered me everything but the AAA and free s/h without my asking...

The good part of the AAA deal is, other than the extra $10 for 24, you can get a second advanced receiver with an additional $100 instant rebate, best if one needs two HDDVRs.

Your initial details look good. You should be able to call back and ask about the coupon book, it is up to you, just make sure they don't touch any deals you already have.

After installation you can submit rebate online, make sure to verify you will get $23 off for 12, if not do not submit, call to clarify first. Once you click to submit rebate online it can not be changed.

Also remember if the new promotion tomorrow turns out better, you can always cancel this order and order with new promo as long as you are not installed. I will give it a few days to find out what people will be getting on the new promo.

Thanks, jacmyoung. Glad to hear that it looks good so far. I called again (had to because they had some random NYC tel # on my account and not the correct one!) before 12am and just wanted to double check everything before the promo offer closed down. Sounds like it's all in there OK!

The bad news for me is the wait for install :(

When I called just to get the info this AM, the guy told me about the $23 off for 12 months ending today. I verified this on the website and realized it wasn't just a sales pitch. I explained to him that I was moving but it wouldn't be till late July and he suggested I order today with all the savings and schedule my install as late as possible so that I can "lock in" those promos. After talking it over with DH, it seemed like a good idea so we went for it. I don't have my new service address for certain at this point but they assured me I could just call and change it as the time drew near when it's sorted out. I've never been one that's good with patience so waiting till July 24th will be awful! Oh, well. I guess it'll be like, well, Christmas in July!

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm counting down the days now till my install! I've never looked forward to a move so much. :D

Thanks, jacmyoung. Glad to hear that it looks good so far. I called again (had to because they had some random NYC tel # on my account and not the correct one!) before 12am and just wanted to double check everything before the promo offer closed down. Sounds like it's all in there OK!

The bad news for me is the wait for install :(

When I called just to get the info this AM, the guy told me about the $23 off for 12 months ending today. I verified this on the website and realized it wasn't just a sales pitch. I explained to him that I was moving but it wouldn't be till late July and he suggested I order today with all the savings and schedule my install as late as possible so that I can "lock in" those promos. After talking it over with DH, it seemed like a good idea so we went for it. I don't have my new service address for certain at this point but they assured me I could just call and change it as the time drew near when it's sorted out. I've never been one that's good with patience so waiting till July 24th will be awful! Oh, well. I guess it'll be like, well, Christmas in July!

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm counting down the days now till my install! I've never looked forward to a move so much. :D

I don't see any problem either, you can always call to push the installation back. July 24 isn't too far off, I know, I know:)

Who knows from now till that day something better may pop up.

The good part of the AAA deal is, other than the extra $10 for 24, you can get a second advanced receiver with an additional $100 instant rebate, best if one needs two HDDVRs.

Your initial details look good. You should be able to call back and ask about the coupon book, it is up to you, just make sure they don't touch any deals you already have.

After installation you can submit rebate online, make sure to verify you will get $23 off for 12, if not do not submit, call to clarify first. Once you click to submit rebate online it can not be changed.

Also remember if the new promotion tomorrow turns out better, you can always cancel this order and order with new promo as long as you are not installed. I will give it a few days to find out what people will be getting on the new promo.

What rebates need to be submitted????

When I called just to get the info this AM, the guy told me about the $23 off for 12 months ending today
fwiw called today (actually 11 pm on 6/25) and asked for it and was approved by a "manager" to get the expired $23 off deal.... along with the typical lineup from above.

fwiw called today (actually 11 pm on 6/25) and asked for it and was approved by a "manager" to get the expired $23 off deal.... along with the typical lineup from above.

It appears the $23 off promotion is still going on. It is not unusual they extend a popular promotion.

Hi guys,
"ordered" DirecTV yesterday.
I was thinking about getting DirecTV, but those deals helped me jumping off the cliff.
biggrin.gif

Still not sure if this is a good deal, any advice?
I was talking to the guy for like 40 minutes, and that is what he offered:

Premier Package without the NFL-Sunday Ticket
1 HDDVR $99
1 HD Receiver $25 after $75 VISA Gift Card

Month 1-3 $68 ($105-$23-$18)
Month 3-12 $103 ($125-$23)
Month 12-24 $125

All fees included! (DH and DVR)

Makes it like $108 each month.
I save $5 to any other package. :D Guess, I will call them again.

Is this good, or is this ehh..?

Or are there any better options?

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts