How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone actually recieved their savings certificate booklet yet? If so, did you have to call back to get it?

Thanks!

OK, thought I had to get the email before I registered online but I went ahead and did that and all is well! So here is the order. I'm not sure everything is there but the CSR went over it at least two times with me so I hope it's all OK...

Cash Back_Requires Redemption _$5 for 12 Months Cl B6820/1
Free
$0.00
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001
Free
$0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001
Free
$0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable)
Free
$0.00
HBO
Free
$0.00
STARZ!
Free
$0.00
SHOWTIME
Free
$0.00
B6291/020
Free
$0.00
DVR Service
Free
$0.00
1 Year Free Showtime
Free
$0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish
Free
$0.00
Free
Standard Professional Install
$19.95
Handling
$0.00
Tax

I should have the AAA, $23 off/1 year, $50 referral credit, 1 year Showtime, 3 months HBO, Sho and Starz. He tried to do the free s/h but couldn't figure out how to do it and had never heard of the $300 booklet. Strangely, when I called this AM (the main D* number) just to get some info, he offered me everything but the AAA and free s/h without my asking.

Anyway, I'm happy with the deal I got, though I may still try to get the free coupon book. Since a lot of it is sports stuff, we wouldn't use a lot of it anyway.

Is everything there or do I need to call back. If I do need to call, how do I approach it all?

Do I have to wait for installation before I register the rebate? I think the CSR said that I did (but then he didn't know about the $300 coupon book either ;) )

Thanks again for everything!!

How did you get the 2 HD dvr's free? i had to pay $99 for the HD dvr and $99 for the HD receiver.

How did you get the 2 HD dvr's free? i had to pay $99 for the HD dvr and $99 for the HD receiver.

It isn't showing up correctly on the invoice... I only got 1 HD DVR and I had to pay the $99. Not sure why it's like that on the invoice - perhaps it's because it was already billed via credit card??

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help more! I wish it was free too...

Enjoy your holiday!

is there such thing as a verizon discount too? 10$ off for 12 months?

is there such thing as a verizon discount too? 10$ off for 12 months?

This one is rather unsure...I've heard one person say that they got a Verizon discount in addition to the AAA but others have tried to get it and were told it's an either/or with the AAA but that they two offers can't be combined. I guess it's a real YMMV.

I just got my second invoice. The AAA discount is still not showing up. Also, I have not received the Go Green discount yet (wasn't it $25?). I did just receive the coupon booklet today...except for a couple discounts pretty worthless:

- 33% off Superfan
- 4 free months of BabyFirst tv
- One Day Pass for Sunday Ticket
- $20 off League Pass
- $20 off Center Ice
- 2 Months Free Showtime
- 1 month free Sports Pack
- One Day Pass for NASCAR Hot Pass
- $50 off MLB Extra Innings
- 2 Months Free Setanta Sports
- 2 Months Free Starz
- 2 Months Free Game Lounge

Do I need to call or do I give it one more month on the AAA discount and the Go Green?

Last edited:
I really hate the 24 month committment. That's why I still have Dish.

Superfan is a joke why should I pay extra just to get HD in a sports package like MLB Extra Innings. I wish I could save $663 over 24 months instead of 12 months because all the movie channels suck and I just want HD sports and the HD Pak with an HD DVR+fees included. I wish I could use those savings and not have as many channels. The 150 channels for 29.99 is a good deal but Wish it was for 24 months.

Are the coupons something you mail in the bill, account specific, or what?

I'm sure if they are of no use to someone (say somebody that doesn't like movies or sports, etc) than perhaps someone else would want them?

Those $20 off and $50 off NBA, NHL, and MLB coupons may be useful to some...

I really hate the 24 month committment. That's why I still have Dish.

Yea, I'm hesitant about signing up for a 24 moth commitment, too. That's the primary reason I'm still with Time Warner. The current D* HD Package is really good, however, I'd prefer to be a "Free-Agent" and make all of the local TV providers (D*, TWC, Dish, AT&T) "compete" for my business. 2 years is too long. (IMHO)

Just an FYI, I signed up for the AAA deal and had my install a week and a half ago. Got my first invoice yesterday and my AAA discount was already on it.

Does anyone know what's the current deal? I am planning to call them as soon as I get an answer. Thanks.

I ended up calling yesterday and here's what I got:

Premier Package + Sunday Ticket for 74.99 month/4 months
1 HD DVR free, due to the promotion above
1 HD DVR $99
$10 off/month AAA for 24 months
Show free for 1 year - actually, 8 months, after the premier promotion expires
$50 referral credit, $10 per month for 5 months
$5 off/month for 12 months - in lieu of the $23 off by getting the premier package
6.99 S & H

And I also got the phone # to call Verizon and get an extra $5 or $10/month(attendant wasn't sure). I haven't called it yet, because I am still unsure whether I'll have LOS or not.

I have my fingers crossed that I'll have LOS this time, I checked yesterday the position of the D* HD antennas in my complex and I compare with the. if you will, "open air" from my porch, I think I may. We'll see - installation scheduled for Wednesday, 06/16.

All that said, I haven't received the e-mail yet, as of last night. I'll check when I am back home later tonight.

New Subscriber Quote with AAA

My call of 7/11/08 new subscriber, AAA member, referral acct:
4 TV setup
$74 Premier pkg with NFL Ticket with 24 mo. committment
$71.00 w/o locals-not in area but can sign wavier to receive from NY or LA, includes 1HD DVR free, 1 DVR, 2 SD receivers
$9.99 HD programming
$14.97 add'l receivers
$10.00 discount per month-AAA membership
Total $88.96
Cannot apply referral discount with AAA, rep says all reps with say this- hmm????
Quoted $74.00 Total after NFL season to downgrade to PLUS HD DVR, with no fee for HD access or Receiver lease. This will last til the 25 month.
Called for my son who just wants HD, DVR and NFL: am I missing something? This really sounds too good to be true when I compare my *E* subscription:although we did receive a nice new subscribe pkg also.
To all---- this forum is sooo informative, I appreciate your comments and welcome any to the above post. Have a great day!:)

I signed up the later part of June and had my install on the 27th. I had absolutely no problem in getting...

$23 per month for a year rebate that they sent me an email and a link to
$50 referal credit which has already been confirmed via mail
$10 a month for 24 AAA which has already shown up on my first invoice
Free movie pack for 3 months
Free showtime for a year
$300 coupon book which I didn't ask for but which was sent and already arrived.

Has anyone received the $50 visa gift card from the offer back in Feb when you sign up for Autopay? Directv is telling me now that I don't qualify since I ordered through the phone instead of their website

Status
Please reply by conversation.