How to get installation date moved up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
F

fuzzynet

Oct 6, 2007
I just ordered DirecTV today, leaving cable and now have to wait 2 weeks. Can I call up every day and ask if a earlier spot opens up or should I just use the re-schedule installation on the web site? Does anyone have any advice or know the best way to do this? Thanks.

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Many people have reported good luck finding earlied dates to reschedule via the web site so I'd go that way.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
DITTO the above; create a user acct at DirecTV and login. Look for the pending orders (I think) area and select the calendar to see if there are any open dates.

S

spaceghost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 21, 2008
Cancel your order and goto a local retailer. Often they will get you in the next day.

J

joed32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2005
Riverside, Ca
I just ordered DirecTV today, leaving cable and now have to wait 2 weeks. Can I call up every day and ask if a earlier spot opens up or should I just use the re-schedule installation on the web site? Does anyone have any advice or know the best way to do this? Thanks.

Don't know who your installer is, mine was Ironwood. I googled them and found a national 800 number. When I called they were very nice and called the local office to get me a better install date. They even guessed that was why I called so they must get requests frequently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.