How to Get new DirecTv Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulsonj72

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Which way is better to get new DirecTV service. Order online or to call DirecTv. I am switching over and just want opinions on what the better way to order the new service is.

Which way is better to get new DirecTV service. Order online or to call DirecTv. I am switching over and just want opinions on what the better way to order the new service is.

Calling them allows you to bargain a little. All CSRs are different so if you don't like the offer just thank them and call again, you will get someone else.

I perfer over the phone.
For one if you ever want to upgrade at a discount, online will Never reflect the best possible price.
Also starting new service over the phone avoids the shock upon activation when you find out somethings missing while the installer is there.
Its hard to get straight positive answers about anything ording online.

D* doesn't have a Live Chat, so your forced to call anyway if you don't understand something.

I recomend doing it online a couple times to ensure you understand everything and know what to expect. Then call and see if you can get anything more to "seal the deal". Don't expect anything more, but sometimes they can flex on things like the $99 for a second HD-DVR and stuff. Don't forget stuff like the referral discount too (see sticky on top of the directv forum).

Ordering through third parties sometimes brings some additional promotions (and maybe aces you out of some). Promotions from AAA and Costco can be substantial but you have to order through them.

The latest thinking is that if you want to be assured of getting the latest hardware, you have to order through a third party hardware reseller.

I would say order over the phone... I started out tinkering with what was on their site online, but decided to go the phone route and actually was very impressed with the CSR I talked to and was even more impressed that they were in the US... CC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)