How to get OTA program guide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have two 622 vip recievers but only one of them gives me a program guide for my local OTA channels. I've rebooted the receiver and reprogrammed the locals but sitll all it says is "Digital Service". Anyone have any idea on how to get the guide?
if I read your set up right you say you have 2 622's and one antenna if so the second 622 needs to have an antenna feed to allow the the ota program guide to show up

Wow, that is too bad about the 625. I sure did not do my homework when I did all the coax wiring. I had planned on the Ethernet and over the air antenna wiring for the location where the 625 is like I did for the 722s and had it all ready to hook up. I was shocked when the installer and I set up the 625 and there was no Ethernet and direct feed for the OTA antenna.

just another one of Dish's totalitarian money sucking / stealing scams. Why on earth would i pay for analog locals if i can get HD OTA??? but if i want the data that the 622 already has made available to me I have to pay $5 a month. I guess i could say it's a $5 EPG OTA fee since i'd never ever tne in the dish locals.

Maybe the 822 or whatever they call the next reciever will be able to use the OTA guide from the signal.
This is a subject that has come up over and over again. It is not possible to run a proper DVR off of the information that the station embeds in their signal. The one thing we should all campaign for is free OTA guide service and let it go at that.

As stated in earlier reply, you need to have the antenna(s) hooked up to both receivers. Then run scan for locals. In the middle of a busy install I have ran the scan but got off doing something else and not selected "save" after the scan results. If you don't do this soon after the scan, the receiver exits the screen and does not save the results. Also, your tv2's will not have the antenna locals on them, only sat locals. Hope this is of help to you.

As stated in earlier reply, you need to have the antenna(s) hooked up to both receivers. Then run scan for locals. In the middle of a busy install I have ran the scan but got off doing something else and not selected "save" after the scan results. If you don't do this soon after the scan, the receiver exits the screen and does not save the results. Also, your tv2's will not have the antenna locals on them, only sat locals. Hope this is of help to you.

Your tv2's will have antenna locals on them if your receiver is in single mode.

I recently had this problem with guide data on my Vip211. The channel scan would not show some channel guide data. It only showed after I deleted then manually added the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)