How To Get Other Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So if I live in Lex KY.........Can I move to Cincy or Louisville KY each an hour away and I think I'm within their spotbeam's.........Maybe even Nashville too?

So if I live in Lex KY.........Can I move to Cincy or Louisville KY each an hour away and I think I'm within their spotbeam's.........Maybe even Nashville too?
If you are within the spotbeam, sure. You would need to move your service address only. Not your billing address.

Msmith

Yes Service address only, but if I move. How can I be sure I'm within the spotbeam.....I'm 75 miles east of Louisville....75 miles south of Cincy.. 166 Miles North of Knoxville.

Msmith

Yes Service address only, but if I move. How can I be sure I'm within the spotbeam.....I'm 75 miles east of Louisville....75 miles south of Cincy.. 166 Miles North of Knoxville.
I am not sure where a list is that has spotbeam coverage, but you should be well within the spotbeams for Louisville, and Cincy. Close on Knoxville. If you can find out which sat and transponder they are broadcast on, you can check your signal strength on your receiver. If its high, you can get it. If not, you cant.

You can pick up an AM21 over-the-air receiver from DirecTV for $50, attach it to your HR21 (if you have that receiver) and connect a good antenna pointed toward Philly to the AM21. The over-the-air channels coming from the AM21 integrate into the on-screen channel menu from the HR21 - works quite well. Oftentimes, a decent-sized antenna in the attic works just fine, and avoids having to get up on the roof.

Msmith

Let me know how this works out. I'm in Lexington as well... I was planning on moving to Morehead, so I could get the national HD channels. But it might be better just to move to L-Ville.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)