How to get to someone in charge at Dish Network?

phillycreamboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I was wondering if anybody has any luck talking to someone who has some power to make things happen at Dish Network. I called the other night to upgrade my 625 to a 622 and also add another receiver to my house so I could enjoy Dish on a 3rd tv. The CSR was very rude and hard to understand. She kept asking me whether I wanted to "add or replace". I told her I wanted to do both. She kept placing me on hold then would come back on the line and tell me that I had to do one or the other, either add or replace. I asked her several times to put another CSR on the phone but she refused. She said that I could get a HD DVR system because I have a dual tuner DVR already. She could not understand that I wanted to replace my 625 with a 622 and add service to one more tv because now I have only two tvs with Dish. Can anyone give me a number where I can reach a supervisor or an email address? Also any tips on getting Dish to treat their customers with a little more respect?

phillycreamboy said:
I was wondering if anybody has any luck talking to someone who has some power to make things happen at Dish Network. I called the other night to upgrade my 625 to a 622 and also add another receiver to my house so I could enjoy Dish on a 3rd tv. The CSR was very rude and hard to understand. She kept asking me whether I wanted to "add or replace". I told her I wanted to do both. She kept placing me on hold then would come back on the line and tell me that I had to do one or the other, either add or replace. I asked her several times to put another CSR on the phone but she refused. She said that I could get a HD DVR system because I have a dual tuner DVR already. She could not understand that I wanted to replace my 625 with a 622 and add service to one more tv because now I have only two tvs with Dish. Can anyone give me a number where I can reach a supervisor or an email address? Also any tips on getting Dish to treat their customers with a little more respect?

1. :welcome to satelliteguys.

2. Send an email to ceo@dishnetwork, in the email make sure to have your Dish account number, and a number they can reach you at. State in the email what happened and what you want to do. Someone will get back to you, I've used it a couple of times and was able to get my problem(s) resolved to my satisfaction.

Good luck.

When you call in select the technical support option. They can help you and most of them speak 'Merican English.

After waiting a few days I received a call from someone at Dish named Judd Strickland. This guy was really rude to me and said that there was nothing Dish could do to make it right. He told me that I would have to contact a 3rd party retailer that signed me up from service in the beginning. He gave me a phone number to contact them, but the number doesn't work. I tried to email back and its been about a week and I havn't heard anything. Is there any other way to get to someone at Dish network who handles customer problems with Dish and attempts to right their wrongs?

phillycreamboy said:
After waiting a few days I received a call from someone at Dish named Judd Strickland. This guy was really rude to me and said that there was nothing Dish could do to make it right. He told me that I would have to contact a 3rd party retailer that signed me up from service in the beginning. He gave me a phone number to contact them, but the number doesn't work. I tried to email back and its been about a week and I havn't heard anything. Is there any other way to get to someone at Dish network who handles customer problems with Dish and attempts to right their wrongs?

I've dealt with Judd several times. I agree, he is really rude. I went over his head to his supervisor.

Greg Mueller said:
There is no one in charge.
Everyday is a Chinese fire drill.
If there WAS someone in charge a lot of people would be fired.

True and if anyone was incharge then us techs would be seen as more than a number instead of a percentage spread sheet.

Well if this company is so disorganized, then what is the best way to get someone on the phone who will understand what the problem is and be able to compensate the customer who has put up with all of the headache caused by Dish?

If I cancel my service they will charge me for 16 months because I have an 18 month commitment and I have only had the service 2 months. HELP!

Im sure your local cable co has a dish buyout program. Call back, dont press any key on your phone when prompted and you will get someone that speaks english and doesnt have a problem with ordering a bigmac at mcdonalds, then you should have some success in doing your upgrade and add a receiver.

You have to make sure to explain to the csr that you want to upgrade to a new hd unit by swapping out an existing receiver and you want to add an additional receiver.

Last edited:
Contacting the CEO office via email is a two-edged sword.

I've been helped by them twice, but terribly screwed by them on another occasion - where I would have been better off to have never contacted them.

teachsac said:
I've dealt with Judd several times. I agree, he is really rude. I went over his head to his supervisor.
and?....you must have told the "over Judd's head" person that judd was rude...so what was that person's response?....
ya know what really frosts my ass is if we (techs) get a complaint on us about being rude to the customers, we put into the stocks in the town square for the public stoning.....
i have heard from many of my customers that the CSR's in the foreign call centers are hard understand or rude or both..They also will do whatever it takes to keep their supervisor out of the loop....

Van said:
Im sure your local cable co has a dish buyout program. Call back, dont press any key on your phone when prompted and you will get someone that speaks english and doesnt have a problem with ordering a bigmac at mcdonalds, then you should have some success in doing your upgrade and add a receiver.

You have to make sure to explain to the csr that you want to upgrade to a new hd unit by swapping out an existing receiver and you want to add an additional receiver.
that is true..the very moment tyou metion canceling, they wil sawitch you to "win back". That ususally gets the cust what they want plus, concessions....Got w/o roght here where a cust got hurt and could not afford the service..Sez in the notes cacel and winback..cust got the d-500 upgrade I'm doing Monday for free plus a programming credit....
So winback is the way to go.....

I sent a email a week ago to the CEO address ans was contacted by someone who was very rude. The whole time he kept telling me to either seek out other avenues for Dish products or sell my receiver on ebay to recoup my costs. He never once said anything positive through out the whole conversation. I really felt that he only called to just because he had to and that he had no intensions of helping me regardless of what I said. Does anyone know how to contact a supervisor for the CEO address?

dishcomm said:
and?....you must have told the "over Judd's head" person that judd was rude...so what was that person's response?....
ya know what really frosts my ass is if we (techs) get a complaint on us about being rude to the customers, we put into the stocks in the town square for the public stoning.....
i have heard from many of my customers that the CSR's in the foreign call centers are hard understand or rude or both..They also will do whatever it takes to keep their supervisor out of the loop....

In a nutshell Judd didn't care that I had been with E* for 9 years. Basically said go to cable. His supervisor bent over backwards to get me to stay with Dish, and I'll leave it at that. He is the only one that has ever been rude when I call Dish (even the India call center).

I think it would help if those of you having problems would outline what the problems are (give general details, not specific). There are a lot of people that read this board and some people DO have some contacts that they can sometimes direct you to.

I wish the people that have had problems with the CEO's office would do that too because if that channel isn't working there is definitely something wrong.

As for the comments about the overseas call centers, I agree. They are definitely giving DISH customers inferior service. They are becoming a VERY BIG problem for DISH and something needs to be done about them NOW.

Last edited:
Bill R said:
...As for the comments about the overseas call centers, I agree. They are definitely giving DISH customers inferior service. They are becoming a VERY BIG problem for DISH and something needs to be done about them NOW.
Bill R - I agree wholeheartedly with your post except for the part I quoted above. Re: the overseas call centers, perhaps you're right, perhaps not. One bit of data we DON'T see is how many calls are handled "successfully" by the overseas CSRs in comparision to the complaints. We rarely see any posts about GOOD service received. The whole move to overseas service is simply a cost-reducing business decision. Like any other such decision it has consequences, some unintended. But you can be sure that E* had a projection before making that move. Some part of the calculated cost is loss of customers due to inferior service, and that was a business model that still made sense to them or they wouldn't have done it. The real question is whether or not the poor service exceeds what they originally planned.

Of course, we the customers receiving poor service have a legitimate gripe and feel abandoned by E*, sometimes after many years of loyal subscription. And there is little debate that service, by many definitions, has declined in recent years. But where to we fit into the "Grand Scheme" per E*'s current model? If the level of complaints is about what they expected, then don't expect them to rush to solving this "very big problem"...

My recent experience in a nutshell - In Dec. I upgraded to the 811 and HD Pak/Voom, including adding a D500, new LNBs, and a DPP44. The CSR definitely had a foreign accent (I actually thought it sounded more Spanish - I was not aware of any outsourcing at that time). He resolved an agreeable package for me in one call, scheduled the on-site part for 4 days later (Tho' the installer missed his "window" by several hours he still completed it in the dark.) and everything came out as planned. I thought the whole experience completely met my expectations. I wasn't "wowed" in any way (except by now having HD!), but I wasn't disappointed either...

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I have dealt with the ceo@dishnetwork.com folks twice. In both cases, I was treated fairly. I agree that you shouldn't have to contact that e-mail for good service but I guess you do what you have to in order to keep costs down. DISH is not the only company that outsources it's support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)