how to hook 510 and 625 to same tv

ederd60

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Ihave a dish dvr510 and a DISHPLAYER-DVR625,625 IS HOOKED UP NOW with a dish 500. I need to hook the 510 W/ the 625 so I can watch the 510 recorded events when I want, when 510 hooked to input 2 with rca cables mssg. reads aquiring sat signal, I can disconnect 625 and hook sat feed to 510 all works ok! When hooking 510 in series to 625 it screws the 625 settings up. If I deactivate the510 would this solve aquiring sat signal problem? There has got to be a solution but Dishnet is no help. ANY AND ALL HELP IS APRECIATED,I HAVE PLENTY OF DIFFERENT CABLES,SPLITTERS,JUNCTION BOXES. THANKS EDERD60

you have one feed only coming to that location. you have to run another one there dish will not work with splitters

what is your LNB set up? go to system info on your receiver menu 6,1,3 it will do self test and tell you switch configuration with LNB set up

Last edited:
ederd60 said:
Ihave a dish dvr510 and a DISHPLAYER-DVR625,625 IS HOOKED UP NOW with a dish 500. I need to hook the 510 W/ the 625 so I can watch the 510 recorded events when I want, when 510 hooked to input 2 with rca cables mssg. reads aquiring sat signal, I can disconnect 625 and hook sat feed to 510 all works ok! When hooking 510 in series to 625 it screws the 625 settings up. If I deactivate the510 would this solve aquiring sat signal problem? There has got to be a solution but Dishnet is no help. ANY AND ALL HELP IS APRECIATED,I HAVE PLENTY OF DIFFERENT CABLES,SPLITTERS,JUNCTION BOXES. THANKS EDERD60
Wasn't thinking here.

Your cheapest options and probably easiest:

DPP Twin
One line feeds the 625 via a DP Seperator
One line feeds 510 DVR

or

DP Quad
One line feeds 510
Two lines feed 625

Other option is a switch 34 or 44 but would still be more wirring then the other two options.

Last edited:
I'm smelling that you might just be wanting to empty out the 510 before retiring it.

You SHOULD be able to view what's already recorded even though it's not attached to a satellite signal.

Try just hitting the DVR button while it's giving the satellite error.

If that doesn't work, hit Menu and run a Check Switch while it's not hooked up. That should solve the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)