Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just had a rather interesting phone call... I can not get into specifics but lets say there is a dignitary coming to town and I have been asked to install FTA for this person and his staff for use during their visit.

They tell me that the programming they want is coming off of Galaxy 19 KU, but they did not tell me what programming they want to watch.

They need 3 receivers hooked up... and I am not sure how to do that.

I do have a spare 1.2 meter KU dish and my friend has a non penetrating mount for it. But how do I wire it so all 3 receivers can see both polarities from that satellite?

I have two MicroHD receivers and have other receivers for them to use. I understand I will get everything back when they are done.

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

Last edited:
My uneducated guess: dual-output lnbf to 2x4 multiswitch (or 4x4) to three receivers. I'm assuming both polarities would be available to all receivers in this way.

The requirement was that each of all 3 receivers be able to get both polarities. If the lnb output of one receiver is used to feed another receiver then that receiver is a slave and would only get the polarity the original receiver is tuned to.

Drifting slightly off topic, but just to follow up: slaving a STB to a primary unit would limit the slaved STB to the polarity the primary unit is tuned to, but not limit it to just the one transponder the primary unit is tuned to, right?

Drifting slightly off topic, but just to follow up: slaving a STB to a primary unit would limit the slaved STB to the polarity the primary unit is tuned to, but not limit it to just the one transponder the primary unit is tuned to, right?

If using a traditional voltage switched polarity LNBF, you are correct. A receiver connected to the Loop Out would only receive transponders that are the same polarity and satellite that the master receiver is tuned.

One benefit to using a bandstacked LNBF, is that the single cable could be Looped out or divided using a high-band splitter. The single cable would provide all transponders to all receivers.

Hopefully Scott will be able to tells us about his experience someday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.