How to know if location will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tradewinds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Central Florida
option 1: stand where you are going to put it. take a level, protractor, and a laser. Look up the elevations angles for the satellites yout interested in. Use the lowest angle and by standing where the dish will go point the laser at the exact angle in the sky and check if you are hitting any objects.

option 2: get a DBS dish, receiver, and tv and try to lock transponders on 61.5 77 82 91 110 119 129. I did this last time by just holding the dish with my hand and looking at the signal readings.

option 3: use the website your are using and use the satellite maps and put the obstacle checker on places on your land (if you have good satellite images).

you only need to worry about elevation angle at this point, declination is an adjustment for when you install.

Last edited:
elevationt is your lattitude. set on the mount. then measure declination on the dish ring or face. the dish should tilt down more than the mount. i think you add it.

isnt it illegal to point lasers in the sky>? didnt that cause a plane crash ? haha. i thought i read that.

crackt out,.

elevationt is your lattitude. set on the mount. then measure declination on the dish ring or face. the dish should tilt down more than the mount. i think you add it.
This I don't understand. If I use my latitude, I assume the angle of elevation I use in the formula is 90 - latitude. If it is just my latitude (28.8) to be used in that formula, I basically have to line of site to even my zenith sat (81.0)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts