How to lift 12' Alum Dish off of the pole and haul on the road

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alemmoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 20, 2008
pottstown,pa
I have made a offer to a commercial business to buy a unused 12' Alum Dish.
I would like to know what I am getting into.
They want me to have insurance in case the used smaller dish on the same pole gets damaged.
How much do one of these weigh?
Can two men lift it off with out equipment?
Can it be broken down into two pieces without doing any damage to it?:confused:
Thanks .

Hire a local professional crane service and pluck the unit off off the roof onto a flatbed. Usually the company has adequate insurance to cover any damage that could occur performing their service. If you plan this well enough in advance and have a pole in place, the crane op should be able to pluck, haul within 15 miles and place the dish within the hour minimum.

Contracted for a pluck and haul service last year for about $200. Considering the time to disassemble, transport, reassemble and mount.... This was a bargain!!!

i wold not risk lifting it down since there is risk of breakin on the other dishes. . .when i went for my 12' mesh the wind picked up a bit things got slightin out of hand for the two guys who lift it off the pole tryin to hand it to the two other guys on the ground. . .with yours now with only two guys i do hope its really really low to the ground.

is it a solid or mesh?

I like SatAv's suggestion, and would add you might also check with a professional sign installation company. They usually have small truck cranes with plenty of capacity to pick and haul a dish of that size/weight. If that dish was installed all by itself in a field it would be different, then I might try it with a few folks and some hillbilly ingenuity, but with your situation, proper insurance and equipment are well advised.

Also, I have about 1500 hrs operating time on various hydraulic truck cranes (up to 60 tons and 120' of boom), so if you want to buy a crane, fly me out to the site and buy my lunch, I will pick it off there for free. ;)

no insurance

Sorry, I have not been available to respond.
I really like the sign truck rental idea.
I have found two more Buds.
One is a Alum 10’ in a yard with lawn mower damage and and a 8’ Alum in a yard for free.
I like Free.
For a pole mount, I retrieved a 5’ off of a gas station roof for the galvanized base ,which is held down with several cinder blocks and I bolted it onto two 4” X 4”s as skids
I can move it around with my 4 wheeler

I slipped a 7’pole over the 4’ pole on the base and now will decide which is my best Bud choice.
Thanks Al :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)