How to listen to FTA audio on scrambled Channels with the DVBWorld?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
There are some channels across the arc that have FTA audio yet are scrambled. With the Coolsat I am able to listen to some of them even though there's no video, but I was wondering how I can listen to them with the DVBWorld cause whenever I tune into a scrambled channel the screen just remains with the DVBWorld logo

There are two easy ways that I know of:

Make sure the channel is in you favorite list, right click select "edit" and change the video PID to 0 (if you want you can set scrambled to FTA, but you do not have to) and click ok. Close the DVB World program and restart it. The channel will now show up as an audio channel.

The second way does not require the program to be restarted. Go to the the favorite list and right click the scrambled video channel and select "Add a New channel". Change the video PID to 0 (if you want to you can set scrambled to FTA, but you do not have to) and click ok. Now find the newly created audio channel and select it.

qwert you've been very helpful and seem to know a lot about the dvbworld. I have another question, do you know how to prevent the dvbworld from automatically adding channels you scan to the favorites list? it's making me mental how everytime I scan a channel it adds it to my favorites list therefore making a mess of it, clearly not every channel scanned should go to a favorites list, it defeats the purpose of a fav list!

Unfortunately I have not figured a way around that, I have sent DVBWorld a message about the issue and I will let you know what I hear.

EDIT - I decided to try one more thing and I figured it out :)

To avoid adding channels to your favorite list after you scan a transponder when the "Channel Type" box pops up click cancel.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts