Invacom QDF 031

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pedrogarcia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Kalamazoo / Limassol
In Limassol I have a 3m prime focus on Astra 2D with an Invacom QDF 031 with C120 adjustable feed horn and yesterday completely lost all the horizontal channels.
I always suspect LNB volts then I remember it is that time of year when a pesky insect builds a nest right at the rear of the LNB tunnel and it takes a couple of days to get to the little antenna post. It sets like concrete and has to be picked out really carefully.
Astra 2D is an extremely weak signal even a fine meshes over the feedhorn kills weak signals. I found that clingfilm (reynolds wrap) stretched over the C120 flange prior to bolting on the feed horn works for about 3 weeks. The insect does not build in front of the screen as it seems to require the antenna post for reinforcing the nest. It all happens over about a 3 week period and is good business for satellite repair businesses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts