How to lose HD for life

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
If I downgrade my base package to a non qualifying package will I lose HD for life?

The reason I ask is because I plan on being particularly busy at work for the next couple of months and would like to downgrade to something like Dish America or even Dish Mexico.

I don't think I can go to locals only, since I'm still on a contract.

Once things go back to normal, I'd go back to my normal base package with HD.

Thanks.

Matt with DISH here. HD For life is always on the account, so you can downgrade your package to something that is not in the HDFFL category, then go back up and still get the free HD.

plus if you are still in contract or lease the equipment you need to maintain minimum programming requirements

and if you downgrade you'll lose those HD channels that are in the package you currently have and only get the HD channels in the new package

HDFFL will be on the account until service is canceled or disconnected (I'm trying to find out what happens if you restart the same account after cancellation/disconnection).

I had AT250 with HDFFL and switched to Dish America Gold. Then I switched back to AT200 and I had lost HDFFL. This was all done online. I called and chatted and was told sorry, you lost it. This was the grandfathered HDFFL. ( I didn't pay $99 or commit to 2 years.) I had to threaten cancellation to get it back.

Since we're on the subject of HD For Life... A couple of weeks ago I received my 'gift' letter from Dish and I was interested in the "Free HD Gift" (Gift # 1). But when I read the fine print it said I need Autopay and Paperless (which I already have), plus a 24 month commitment. Weren't these the conditions since the beginning of HD for life?

If so, I'm trying to figure out how it's a gift when I could have signed up months ago under those terms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)