How To Make Dish Give Us Showtime Anytime and others

azboy722

Original poster
May 4, 2005
Ok, I have emailed the ceo of dish 3 times and not gotten the first reply in regard to showtime anytime or starz-encore play and others which directv customers get to use at there pleasure when we get only hbogo.
I have came to the conclusion that the amount of us bitching to them directly is obviously not enough and then it dawned on me after a Dish commercial last night. Dish is always very concerned with there Better Business Bureau (BBB) score obviously to help draw customers and make cheesy television commercials. Well lets take advantage of this; They can make these services available to us which we already pay for or suffer there BBB rating to go down. I am sure if enough of us file BBB complaints about this issue Dish will take notice much faster than by us calling a customer service person at dish to vent. What does us calling them directly to bitch do? Absolutely nothing but to file a public complaint with the BBB a company which keeps records of how many complaints come in will make something happen quick. After all if there BBB rating goes down they will have to scrap the commercials they love so much.....Let me know what you think...Take 5 minutes and file a BBB complaint if this shortfall bothers you as well. We pay for these services why can we not access them.

Trying to blackmail a company to give you channels you don't pay for is not going to help you get them, nor is filing a complaint with the BBB.

DISH is giving you what you pay for.

Trying to blackmail a company to give you channels you don't pay for is not going to help you get them, nor is filing a complaint with the BBB.

DISH is giving you what you pay for.

Where does it say that he wasn't paying for Showtime or Starz/Encore? Dish Anywhere does have all of the Starz/Encore online content though. I agree that contacting BBB won't help. BBB has to be one of the most worthless "respected" organizations around.

Scott that is going to far. As the opp stated direct tv offers hbo to go along with showtime.

Both services check direct tv data base to see if you subscribe to the service.

If you do not subscribe you cannot get hbo to go or showtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dish Corporate Office

Be patient with corporate. Go to the corporate website. Write a nice, explanatory letter to the 3 CEOs with good contact information, preferably a phone number and they will contact you. It is most likely a contract issue between Dish, copyright matters with Showtime and other premium channels, etc. What you can do in the meantime, is save some money, get rid of the movie channels on Dish and get netflix for 8.00 bucks a month. You can watch tv programs, movies anywhere, even on your iphone and it works, actually works over wifi (no data usage). I love my netflix and am saving about $50.00 a month not using movie stations through the satellite company. Netflix has even created their own series, several of them and they are very good. I just watched 5 seasons of Merlin and got all caught up on it. Dish is working on these issues and have been in contact with me several times concerning issues I am having after I wrote a very nice to the point letter to the corporate CEOs. Hang in there.

Showtime's owner is CBS. CBS and Dish are not exactly on the best of terms right now. It will probably come up during the next contract negotiations. But, given how few providers currently offer SHO Anytime, I suspect SHO is not exactly giving away the service.

The part that said...
"How To Make Dish Give Us Showtime Anytime"
Really now. Nowhere does he say in his post that Dish should give away Showtime Anytime for free to non-Showtime subscribers.
Scott that is going to far. As the opp stated direct tv offers hbo to go along with showtime.

Both services check direct tv data base to see if you subscribe to the service.

If you do not subscribe you cannot get hbo to go or showtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I read the op. I don't know how anyone could think that he wants these for free.

A little sticking point...OP NEVER said he subs to Showtime...AND whatever "Others". Regardless his solution is______(fill in the blank).

Last edited:
The OP mentioned that he/she already paid for the service.

It would be nice if Dish gave us access to Showtime Anytime (similar to HBO Go). I have AEP, so please don't assume that I don't subscribe. I would also like Starz Play access, too.

We already have access to HBO Go, CNN, Max Go and EPIX on our phones/tablets. We can access BIGFLIX on our laptops. I don't think anyone that subscribes is out of line for asking for access to the mobile apps anymore than I am for constantly requesting the additional premium HD channels. (*cough* OuterMAX, *cough* Showtime Beyond)

I don't expect Dish and CBS (or Fox) to become friends anytime soon. So, I won't hold out hope for Showtime Anytime, additional Showtime channels or the return of Smithsonian HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts