How to market Hopper/Joey

emathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I think Dish should highlight the PTAT feature of the Hopper as the best way to skip all the negative political ads that are going to be flooding the airwaves this year. I'm not ready to upgrade yet, but I will be using my DVR as much as possible to skip these ads the greedy TV stations are licking their chops over while they make money hand over fist. To hell with their viewers.

PTAT does nothing different than a regular separate channel recording, other than of course recording the four networks at once. It records the political ads and you would skip them the same way you would any recorded event. So I'm not seeing what advantage PTAT has in this respect.

I hope the stations do make money hand over fist. They might be a little less greedy with their re-transmission agreements...I know, dreaming.

Tampa8 said:
PTAT does nothing different than a regular separate channel recording, other than of course recording the four networks at once. It records the political ads and you would skip them the same way you would any recorded event. So I'm not seeing what advantage PTAT has in this respect.

I can't record all four networks with my 922...that's the advantage

Hopper Joey Marketing. Stop rightsizing customers that want 4 separate tv locations with a hopper 3 joey setup.

Tampa8 said:
But what does that have to do with campaign commercials?? Your post was it was the best way to skip them.

What I'm getting at is that with the Hopper/joey setup you don't have to worry about which network show you want to watch, you will be able to skip the ads. While right now I have to plan each night what to record with my limited recording capabilities.

emathis said:
I think Dish should highlight the PTAT feature of the Hopper as the best way to skip all the negative political ads that are going to be flooding the airwaves this year. I'm not ready to upgrade yet, but I will be using my DVR as much as possible to skip these ads the greedy TV stations are licking their chops over while they make money hand over fist. To hell with their viewers.

Until of course Congress makes a law that all DVRs are not allowed to skip any part of a "political" program or commercial :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Until of course Congress makes a law that all DVRs are not allowed to skip any part of a "political" program or commercial :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Sit down. Take a deep breath. Imbibe in a libation. That ability is already upon us. Copy protection et al allows for the ability to NOT skip commercials. Ever notice it at work on a DVD/BD for the FBI warning, and sometimes "coming attractions?" Same for broadcasts. It's coming. Just being phased in slowly. And what may drive me away from OTA/satellite one day. It ain't worth it. WAY too many commercials, mostly not applicable or even offensive to me. Waste of my time, and garners nothing but ill will for the sponsor.

What I'm getting at is that with the Hopper/joey setup you don't have to worry about which network show you want to watch, you will be able to skip the ads. While right now I have to plan each night what to record with my limited recording capabilities.

Actually you can on the 922 with the OTA module... But then you cannot record 2 other sat things like on the hopper.

Are you saying the 2 OTA tuner module for the ViP922 can record all four major networks simultaneously? I don't think so.

And doesn't the ViP922 allow recording 2 sat and 2 OTA at the same time? My ViP722 allows recording 2 sat and 1 OTA at the same time.

Are you saying the 2 OTA tuner module for the ViP922 can record all four major networks simultaneously? I don't think so.

And doesn't the ViP922 allow recording 2 sat and 2 OTA at the same time? My ViP722 allows recording 2 sat and 1 OTA at the same time.

Yes it does(922/wMT2),but for me to record all 4 networks at the same time,I would have to go into one of my bedrooms to watch a program on 1 of my 211ks.;):D

Of course I could watch either a SAT program or OTA program.;)

Sit down. Take a deep breath. Imbibe in a libation. That ability is already upon us. Copy protection et al allows for the ability to NOT skip commercials. Ever notice it at work on a DVD/BD for the FBI warning, and sometimes "coming attractions?" Same for broadcasts. It's coming. Just being phased in slowly. And what may drive me away from OTA/satellite one day. It ain't worth it. WAY too many commercials, mostly not applicable or even offensive to me. Waste of my time, and garners nothing but ill will for the sponsor.

Eventually they'll probably make it to where you cant mute/turn down volume/turn off tv when commercials are on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)