How to prepare for a VOOM install FAQ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Rick214 said:
Don't allow the use of a diplexer, have the installer run 2 lines for both OTA and the satellite. If you've already got your working OTA installation, all the installer has to do is run one line from the dish
Oh no! I just read this and my install was earlier this afternoon. He *DID* use a diplexor. What is the problem with this? Can you tell me why this is not good? Anything I can do at this stage, or is it too late? :no

rvaidyan,

If everything works for you, I wouldn't change it at this point, unless you run into some problems (like getting wrong channels on 261 and 262). Most people who have diplexers installed do not experience any problems, so no need to panic. Sit back, relax and enjoy your VOOM!

Welcome aboard!

How do I find what should be the angle from my house the dish should be? Is there a web page I can use to figure that out? Thanks

Check here for a quick (but not very accurate) way to find the azimuth and the elevation of the Rainbow-1 satellite. Simply click your approximate location on the map.

Here is one more question to the list:

What should I check before signing the installer's paperwork?

Here are some suggestions for the unofficial work acceptance check-list:

- Verify that the STB is connected to your TV via DVI or Component cables.

- Check several random channels from the channel list to see if they all work correctly.

- Verify that premium channels included in your plan work correctly.

- If you subscribe to Starz, check channels 261 and 262 and verify that they are showing Starz, not something else, like Bravo HD+.

- Make sure that most (if not all) of your OTA channels work fine.

- Verify the proper grounding of your dish and antenna.

Personally, I wouldn't accept the work until the above items are confirmed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts