How to prevent PTAT from starting 3 minutes early?

holy_devil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Ponce, Puerto Rico
I record 3 hour long shows at 7pm, I get timer conflcts because PTAT starts at 7:57pm. Can I change the PTAT timer to start at the hour? I change all the timers to start 0 minutes before the event but PTAT still starts at 7:57pm.

I think an answer to the OP question is: You can now create a manual timer that ends at 7:57, and as matt says, PTAT only takes 1 timer, so you only need to correct for 1 of your 3 timers to avoid a conflct.

PTAT is on one tuner, sports on another, what's the third doing? If all are in use, PTAT has the highest priority for recordings. I'm not sure I understand the question

On Sundays the day time sports events, golf, football, etc. sometimes runs past their scheduled end time. So, take CBS for example, 60 minutes that suppose to start at 6pm runs late and then the next show runs late, etc. PTAT quits at 10pm CST. So, if the the CBS show that starts at 9pm starts late and runs past 10pm you mist part of the program. In my 722 on Sundays I always had an extra hour added to the prime shows in case the sports events ran late. Is there a way to do that for the PTAT timers?

I think an answer to the OP question is: You can now create a manual timer that ends at 7:57, and as matt says, PTAT only takes 1 timer, so you only need to correct for 1 of your 3 timers to avoid a conflct.

Well, when I create a manual timer for 10 to 11:00pm the time changes for some reason. It sometimes changes to 11:00 to 12 and sometimes it doesn't. I will work with it some more. I must not be setting it up correct.

kevinsickles said:

That may work but my wife may get mad if l cut short one of her shows.

Well, when I create a manual timer for 10 to 11:00pm the time changes for some reason. It sometimes changes to 11:00 to 12 and sometimes it doesn't. I will work with it some more. I must not be setting it up correct.
If you are trying to set it up for this Sunday evening, you might have to wait until Sunday morning due to daylight savings time this weekend.

If you are trying to set it up for this Sunday evening, you might have to wait until Sunday morning due to daylight savings time this weekend.

Wow dennispap, thanks. That must be the issue. I know there is something wrong someplace. Just couldn't figure it out. Good idea, will set the manuals up this Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts