How To Re-Initialize The Hard Drive on DVR

Wrong, Favs stored in flash chip where FW holding. Try to clear NVRAM and you will see it.

It doesn't clear all the channels out of the Fav lists, but it does clear somethings related to the Fav list. It clears the names on the Fav list. And at one point a had a fav list that wouldn't go away even after I cleared it. Had to clear NVRAM to fix that.

just got this message today error code 50b1 hard drive issue any ideas how to fix ? Or do i call dish and have them send me a new one ,and when they send it will it go to my billing or service address as i am a "mover" any help would be nice

Thank you for your help. one more question when they ship me a new receiver ,will they mail it to the billing or service address as i am a "mover" thank you again for your help

ya called they are shipping me a new one .to my service address .i am screwed.now i have to tell my coworkers parents i got a box coming.thanks again for your help

508, too?

I have a 508.
It sometimes hangs playing back certain recordings.
I assume that's a bad spot on the disc, so I stopped erasing that particular show.

Might have a spare drive around, that is the correct model number.
- Does the above sequence work on 501/508/510's as well?
- Will it initialize a blank hard drive ?

501/508/510 require "marriage" of drive to receiver. look for a group called "dishmod" on yahoo.

major pain

Yea, I'm familiar with that technique.
Haven't done it in years, though, and not looking forward to it now.

Sorta hoped that maybe with the more recent firmware installed on the units, that little problem had been overcome.
No reason for me to blank my current (possibly bad) drive; just go whole hog with a new one. - :(

Can you imagine someone setting up a small UHF broadcast antenna and sending out these commands throughout the neighborhood using every remote control code in the book?:eek: I wonder how long it would take E* to troubleshoot this one...

that would be hillarious, I have a winegard hd8200p on a rotor I probably could do the whole town. Lots of service calls for me:):):)

Help

This was sent to me... have not tried it... for Re-Initializing the HDD on your Dishnet receiver
Note: only try this as a last resort...

I just tried it but when getting to #3 goes to the phone connection...and the rest does not work, I think it's because the software was updated and can't do it anymore. Called dish *yea talked to an american techie" and he said that they don't have the instructions for the 501. I reset the 501 to power cycle and now the menus are all messed up. I move to 6 and it goes back and forth and wont' stop and finally stops on a menu and when I move the menu, it starts shifting back and forth.....arggggggggggh.. I know the hard drive needs to be reformatted but can't find out how to do it...

Any suggestions?

Help me too? please

Hi I tried something similar to this on my 942, got to memory dump screen and tried to run diagnostic, got error no hard drive found..then locked into reformat mode .. both red lights blinking have tried hard reset, and power button reset both with hard drive connected and disconnected, nothing works, hard drive is currently disconnected been in steam for hours plugged in no change:( somewhere in here in another post its said that it will take 24 hours but there is no confirmation and it doesn't say weather machine should be plugged or un plugged? (I assume its plugged)? I'd really like to know if there is a sure way out of this nightmare and or if it will re set after 24hours or not?:confused:

They must have taken it out on a K. Just tried the first steps on my 722K and it went into the info warning screen but then a right button followed by left button did not give me any other page than I was seeing. Didn't go any further, but as I did not see the hex page then I assume they've removed this easter egg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)