7. TV/Video
8. Select
9. Front Panel Reboot

This resets NVRAM and clears:

1. Error counters and temperature readings and Lost Locks
2. OTA channels
3. Resolution to 480i default
4. Put receiver to Dual Mode default

It does NOT erase timers or check switch settings. It also does not erase recordings.

1. Menu
2. 6
3. 3
4. Info
5. Right
6. Left
7. TV/Video
8. Select
9. Front Panel Reboot

This resets NVRAM and clears:

1. Error counters and temperature readings and Lost Locks
2. OTA channels
3. Resolution to 480i default
4. Put receiver to Dual Mode default

It does NOT erase timers or check switch settings. It also does not erase recordings.

FWIW: I suspect this also clears Favorite lists. I'm guessing they have to in the NVRAM or on the HD. I replaced a HD without losing the favorites so I think they are probably stored in NVRAM.

It took multiple tries to work on my 622..but it did...

So you did it exactly like in the first post: Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-Play-Play-Recall?

When I do it, after pushing PLAY the 2nd time, it prompts me with a timer dump, and then reboots after 5 seconds. After that, it comes back up with the Acquiring Satellite screen and then updates the EPG. That's all it does for me. I won't even get past pushing PLAY the 2nd time.

I can vouch for Ralfyguy-- having the same problem on my 722. Dish is sending me a new unit, but was hoping to fix it with a re-init. My problem is a 311 message box telling me a serious problem has been detected with my hard drive with an additional error code of 0521. The sate of the box won't let me turn channels on TV 2, nor does it have any DVR functionality due to the HD corruption.

The NVram reset worked for me, but got the same timer dump as reported earlier by Ralfyguy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)