How to record with VCR

ted45

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Hi, I just recently signed up for Voom, got it installed and everything is working okay. I'm wondering if there's a way to record weekly programs with a VCR. If I hook up the VCR to to composite output on the STB, is there a way to get the STB is come on at a certain time & date on a reoccurring basis?

thanks,
Ted

ted45,

welcome to the forum. The answer to your question is yes. In the PG select the programm you want to record in the future. Then press the Yellow button. A black screen will inform you that is saving the information. By default the Program Planner does not wake up the stb. So you need to go the Program Planner and change this option. Select VoOM button and then green button. Now select Program Planner and you will see the Program that you saved. Select this program (i do not remember the which color button) and you will be given the option for the stb to turn on.

A word of caution: do not rely heavily on the PP. It has been known not to wake up sometimes or change channels. This is a known problem. You do have to sync your VCR with the stb time. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

I was hoping to find a way to turn the stb on for the show to be recorded, and then turned back off after its done.

I'm also wondering if some of those programmable remote controls could possibly do this, use a macro to turn everything on, record the show, and then turn everything back off. All done in a preprogrammed way without having to actually be there to press any buttons on the remote?

Ted

Using the s-video output, I record several shows on HGTV for my wife. These are daily occurring shows and, as we know, the Voom Program Planner does not allow for "daily" programming. Each show must be programmed EVERY day.

My workaround is to just program the vcr and to leave the Voom stb always on and tuned to the HGTV channel whenever I stop watching anything. This is easier for me than setting up the Program Planner every day.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)