How to remove Hopper Plus

Nakedland1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2023
Boise
We had Hopper Plus installed over a month ago. Besides the normal issues talked about on this forum (slow scrolling, no more multi channels, etc), we’ve also had it constantly say, about every hour, that it isn’t connected to the Ethernet. We check each time and it is. We’ve used another computer to monitor our connection and it never disconnects at the time it says it does. So, we’ve decided we are sick of it and want to remove it.
How is this done? The Dish rep on their social media account said to just unplugged the HDR cable, plus it in to the receiver and unplug the Hopper Plus USB 3.0 from the Dish receiver.
When we did that, it took us to another screen that said we didn’t have a connection to Hopper Plus and to check plugins.

Maybe they are still dealing with kinks. I’m 82 years old. No time to wait for kinks.

Thank you,
Nakedland

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
We had Hopper Plus installed over a month ago. Besides the normal issues talked about on this forum (slow scrolling, no more multi channels, etc), we’ve also had it constantly say, about every hour, that it isn’t connected to the Ethernet. We check each time and it is. We’ve used another computer to monitor our connection and it never disconnects at the time it says it does. So, we’ve decided we are sick of it and want to remove it.
How is this done? The Dish rep on their social media account said to just unplugged the HDR cable, plus it in to the receiver and unplug the Hopper Plus USB 3.0 from the Dish receiver.
When we did that, it took us to another screen that said we didn’t have a connection to Hopper Plus and to check plugins.

Maybe they are still dealing with kinks. I’m 82 years old. No time to wait for kinks.

Thank you,
Nakedland
Yeah, that's the procedure except I think you have to reboot the Hopper before it goes back to normal. And congrats on making it to 82. May you enjoy many more.

Yeah, that's the procedure except I think you have to reboot the Hopper before it goes back to normal. And congrats on making it to 82. May you enjoy many more.
Just so I have this correct, unplug HDR cable from Hopper Plus and plug directly into receiver, unplug the USB Hopper Plus cord, remove the power plug in and then just hit reset on the receiver? Did I leave anything out?

and thank you. I’ve lived a blessed life.

Ok, just followed those steps and it didn’t work. What popped up says “The hdmi connection between your hopper plus and tv is no longer working or connected properly”. BTW, when I said HDR, I meant the HDMI cable. Sorry, I just forgot what it was called. Now what?

Just so I have this correct, unplug HDR cable from Hopper Plus and plug directly into receiver, unplug the USB Hopper Plus cord, remove the power plug in and then just hit reset on the receiver? Did I leave anything out?

and thank you. I’ve lived a blessed life.
Switch the HDMI cable from the + to the H3 and just unplug the power brick from the +, You don't have to unplug the usb cable. Don't reboot the H3 you will have that blue screen just wait the H3 will reboot on its own it may take 10-15-20 minutes to reboot, after reboot if you get a no signal popup hit guide go to a channel you know enter.

Ok, just followed those steps and it didn’t work. What popped up says “The hdmi connection between your hopper plus and tv is no longer working or connected properly”. BTW, when I said HDR, I meant the HDMI cable. Sorry, I just forgot what it was called. Now what?
Follow my instructions I just posted.

Follow my instructions I just posted.
Your posts showed up as I was still staring at the blue screen wondering what to do. i left it alone because you said could take up to 20 minutes.

Well, good news. That worked. I just had to be patient with the blue screen.

Thank you so very much. Yay. Are there any settings I should check that would've been made by installing the Hopper Plus?

Your posts showed up as I was still staring at the blue screen wondering what to do. i left it alone because you said could take up to 20 minutes.

Well, good news. That worked. I just had to be patient with the blue screen.

Thank you so very much. Yay. Are there any settings I should check that would've been made by installing the Hopper Plus?
No your H3 will work the way it did before the +.

Thank you,
Nakedland
Do like the guy said. Move the HDMI to the Hopper and remove the plus and that screen will sit there for 8-10 minutes, then reboot and be just a Hopper

so TV is back to normal but our sound bar isn’t. Besides a Sony TV, we also have a Sony soundbar. After removing Hopper Plus, our sound bar will turn on and we can adjust the sound with our Dish remote but we can not adjust or change anything else. Like going from cinema to game to standard, etc etc. We tried using the remote that came with our TV and that didn’t do anything either.
What did I do or not do correctly? Thanks gang

so TV is back to normal but our sound bar isn’t. Besides a Sony TV, we also have a Sony soundbar. After removing Hopper Plus, our sound bar will turn on and we can adjust the sound with our Dish remote but we can not adjust or change anything else. Like going from cinema to game to standard, etc etc. We tried using the remote that came with our TV and that didn’t do anything either.
What did I do or not do correctly? Thanks gang
Sounds like something is blocking the receptor on your TV. The “eye“. Doesn’t your TV change settings based on the input? My Sony does if it goes from SDR to HDR to Dolby Vision.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’ve turned off the sound bar, unplugged and disconnected from power. Nothing. Just weird it went away like that. There used to be a way to change the sound bar settings on the Dish receiver settings before we installed Hopper Plus. Now, after removing Plus, it’s disappeared. Just odd.

I’ve turned off the sound bar, unplugged and disconnected from power. Nothing. Just weird it went away like that. There used to be a way to change the sound bar settings on the Dish receiver settings before we installed Hopper Plus. Now, after removing Plus, it’s disappeared. Just odd.
Do you get sound when you turn your tv speakers back on?

Yes.

I unplugged the arc cable and plugged back in. The sound bar works although I’m unable to change any of the settings (standard, cinema, sports, etc) except volume, up and down. I know this shouldn’t be Hopper Plus fault but it worked fine before they installed it.

First of all, when you hit any button on the remote, like volume, does the TV light at the top of the remote light up or does the AUX light light up?

If you need to get into the settings, it did not go away. Just hit the home button and then go down and across until you see settings and then go to remote control and make sure it’s still paired to the Sony TV, the Sony sound bar, and if you scroll down further, where it says control, volume and mute, make sure it says auxiliary device she wanted to control the sound bar or TV if you wanted to control the TV sound.

If you’re trying to change the picture settings on your TV, or the Farias equalizer settings on your sound bar, there is no way I know of that you can do that with a dish remote

Switch the HDMI cable from the + to the H3 and just unplug the power brick from the +, You don't have to unplug the usb cable. Don't reboot the H3 you will have that blue screen just wait the H3 will reboot on its own it may take 10-15-20 minutes to reboot, after reboot if you get a no signal popup hit guide go to a channel you know e After nearly a year when we upgraded to the Hopper Plus, we started to experience freezes and other glitches that began a week ago and after an exhausting search online I stumbled onto this forum...I am now enjoying glitch-free programs thanks to the wonderful helpful people in here and their straight-forward easy to follow tutorials! Thank You!