How to restore a cancelled R-16 recording?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
I cancelled several daily series that I had set the R-16 to record (long story - I was trying to fix another issue).

Any way, I attempted to re-set the DVR to record them again by recording the whole series, and it only seems to be set to record those episodes AFTER the ones I had cancelled. It is skipping all of those initial episodes (that were cancelled).

For instance, it is skipping all episodes through next Wednesday, and starting to record the series beginning next Thursday.

I looked at the HISTORY menu and all of the episodes that were cancelled appear there. When I press SELECT, it says NO INFO. AVAILABLE.

Is there a way of restoring those episodes so that they will be recorded? It has the R ("RECORD") listed on those programs in the GUIDE, but they DON'T appear in the TO DO LIST. Why is this?

System restarts have not helped the issue.:confused:

As a follow-up, is there any way to "clear" the HISTORY out of the R-16? That might resolve my issue, but I don't see any way of clearing it....

Weird bug. I would delete the series recording, then go to the first new episode you want to record in the guide. Select the record button twice, so it sets it up as a series recording. See if that changes anything. If not, you will have to go to each episode in the guide and hit record on each one.

Weird bug. I would delete the series recording, then go to the first new episode you want to record in the guide. Select the record button twice, so it sets it up as a series recording. See if that changes anything. If not, you will have to go to each episode in the guide and hit record on each one.

I had to do that. I individually went to each episode and tried to record them. Some got onto the TO DO LIST, and some didn't. Some have an "R" next to them in the GUIDE, but are not on the TO DO LIST. Very strange.

However, this Thursday and beyond should be fine because it is beyond the initial cancellation period.

Weird....:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)