How to scan OTA on a Wally

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
Well, I de-activated my dinosaur today, the old VIP211K. I installed a new Wally which I'm learning to use. I'm having a problem.

I bought the Air TV dual tuner OTA adapter. I plugged the adapter in to the receiver, then went to Settings/OTA Antenna. I have no options, it says to connect my OTA adapter, which I've already done a dozen times and rebooted each time. I know the receiver is recognizing the adapter because if I unplug it, the receiver gives me options of rebooting with or without it, thinking it might have been accidental.

Anyway, I've never seen the screen which allows me to scan for channels. All I see is the opportunity to plug in the OTA adapter and reboot. It's my understanding that when it reboots the scan screen should come up automatically. It doesn't.

Am I missing something? Any ideas? Thanks.

Reactions: pattykay
Menu-->Settings-->OTA Channels-->Scan

menu.jpg

settings.jpg

ota.jpg

Thanks. I don't get that third screen. When I click on OTA Channels, I get a message showing how to hook up my OTA tuner, then to reboot.

Also, mine doesn't say OTA Channels, it says OTA Antenna. Maybe I need a newer software. Mine is U421.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)