How to select a program to watch in the PTAT block

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Like the title says... How do you pick your channel out of the block, and then pick the show? Does it pop up a guide like the regular live tv guide? Do you have to fast forward through each network to get to the show you want? Has anyone seen how it works? Has it been demonstrated anywhere? I just have one tv on a 722, but I'm looking at the Hopper for the PTAT. Most of my timers are locals.

Also, I read in another thread that the Hopper won't have manual timers? Is that true? My wife needs manual timers for her Brazilian shows, because that guide info is almost never accurate.

Thanks, and if these questions have been answered, please point me to the appropriate thread (or post, because some of these threads are rediculously long!)

Thanks. Can't watch it at work (where I'm stuck all day) but I'll watch when I get back home.
Does the video talk about manual timers as well?

If it is like the 922 , it won't have any manual or dish pass timers within the receiver itself. You can only use it through dish online or dish remote access.

Regarding Dish Pass, I remember seeing in the video some kind of search functionality (title, actor, desciption, etc). It wasn't called Dish Pass, but it seemed basically the same (or better) thing.

Regarding Dish Pass, I remember seeing in the video some kind of search functionality (title, actor, desciption, etc). It wasn't called Dish Pass, but it seemed basically the same (or better) thing.

"Seek and Record" on the spec sheet. Don't know what the actual functionality will be.

From what I remember of the demo video, each show will show up as an icon. You just select that icon.

And the shows can either be grouped with your recordings or as a separate group of just the PTA recordings.

And the shows can either be grouped with your recordings or as a separate group of just the PTA recordings.

They are only grouped separately as PTA recordings. Just press the DVR button 2 (I think? maybe 3) times and you're in the PTA folder. Once there you can use one of the colored buttons to change the way they're grouped: by network, by name, by date, etc.

They are only grouped separately as PTA recordings. Just press the DVR button 2 (I think? maybe 3) times and you're in the PTA folder. Once there you can use one of the colored buttons to change the way they're grouped: by network, by name, by date, etc.

you should watch the video Scott made at CES.

Finally watched the video. That looks kinda kick-azz! I may have to seriously consider the change now. If only I could set manual timers... Globo Internacional doesn't stick very well to the guide all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)