How to send a rehit to your receivers yourself

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
Not sure if this was posted previously, but I couldn't find it here & thought this might be helpful for anyone (travelers that take a receiver around, etc.) that might need this, after I found how to do it...

I had a receiver that had been out of the stream for almost a month & lost it's authorization. I really hate having to call ANY companies these days & was trying to figure out how to get a simple rehit without having to call, like you can on DirecTV & Comcast. So in looking around & even trying to find it on my online account to no avail, I found somewhere else where it said if you had DISH Outdoors service, you CAN do this yourself thru your online account. I don't specifically have DISH Outdoors, but thought why not at least give it a shot anyway - so I did & sure enough, it got the hit within a couple minutes.
You simply go to your online account & on the left black menu bar, click on DISH OUTDOORS; you'll then see a red box that says WAKE MY RECEIVERS - click that box & you'll get a small green box near the top of the page that says "success"...you're all set.

I usually use "chat" to reactivate or deactivate my Wally in my RV. I am not on Dish Outdoors. It usually takes about 5 minutes. The word "activate" may not be the correct word to use.

I will be "reactivating" it in a week or so and will check out the location you mentioned. Does it show the receivers that is on your account? I don't want to mess up my other receivers.

I usually use "chat" to reactivate or deactivate my Wally in my RV. I am not on Dish Outdoors. It usually takes about 5 minutes. The word "activate" may not be the correct word to use.

I will be "reactivating" it in a week or so and will check out the location you mentioned. Does it show the receivers that is on your account? I don't want to mess up my other receivers.

To activate or deactivate a Wally box you'd still need to contact us, this will only send a hit to your equipment. It doesn't specify which equipment it's sending the hit to, but it won't negatively impact your other receivers so don't worry about that!

Not sure if this was posted previously, but I couldn't find it here & thought this might be helpful for anyone (travelers that take a receiver around, etc.) that might need this, after I found how to do it...

I had a receiver that had been out of the stream for almost a month & lost it's authorization. I really hate having to call ANY companies these days & was trying to figure out how to get a simple rehit without having to call, like you can on DirecTV & Comcast. So in looking around & even trying to find it on my online account to no avail, I found somewhere else where it said if you had DISH Outdoors service, you CAN do this yourself thru your online account. I don't specifically have DISH Outdoors, but thought why not at least give it a shot anyway - so I did & sure enough, it got the hit within a couple minutes.
You simply go to your online account & on the left black menu bar, click on DISH OUTDOORS; you'll then see a red box that says WAKE MY RECEIVERS - click that box & you'll get a small green box near the top of the page that says "success"...you're all set.

This is what I’ve done for nearly two years. Wally is in our Motorhome so we deactivate during storage and reactivate when we start rolling. Have never had to call Dish to get it going. Always just wake it up.

Also, before we start rolling, I usually bring it in the House, hook it up where the H3 is and run a software update....just in case it has one. The big dish at home is faster that the MH, in-motion, smaller dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)