How to Set-Up Multi Room Viewing

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
As the thread title states, I would like to know what I need to do "gui-wise" to set up MRV. I have an HR22 and two H21's, both with the latest CE Software (downloaded last night). Each box can pull and ip address and I can ping the boxes, but i seem to be unable to find where on the H21's menu systems you go to view the HR22's playlist. Does anybody have any suggestions?

01 - Multi-Room Viewing
View Playlist from a networked HR2x or R22
Playback/Trick Play functions from any networked HR2x or R22
Press {LIST} to see HR2x or R22 servers
one playback per server at a time

Makes sure you have a recent CE on the H21.
Make sure the H21 & HR2x can connect to the network, hardwired or with the ethernet wireless adapter
Should come up via the list button if the networking is running properly on both (after a little time to "see" each other).

Hmm. I seem to remember having this problem once before. I had to do a red button reset to get it working again. You may want to try that if you have tried everything else.

All HD DVRs are a server to the H21 / H23 with the right CE software.

None of the HD DVRs are able to play from another one yet.

You need to enable the "Miscellaneous options" menu on your H2x (non DVR receiver) and enable MRV. I think they added that since everyone here got into the CEs because I wasn't getting it either. Do a keyword search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER" in the "Find Programs" menu to enable the misc. options menu.

You need to enable the "Miscellaneous options" menu on your H2x (non DVR receiver) and enable MRV. I think they added that since everyone here got into the CEs because I wasn't getting it either. Do a keyword search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER" in the "Find Programs" menu to enable the misc. options menu.

hello, appreciate any help i can get here. I have been in on the ce releases from the begining. I have done iamanedgecutter and do have the misc options button. i do not have anything that says anything about mrv or i am just not seeing it. i am running ce ox2ca, can someone guide me thru this.
thanks
Steve

Do you have other receivers on your network? Have you confirmed that all receivers "connect to internet" via the Network menu on the HR2x & H21 setup menu?

Also, download the next CE either tonight (for -100) or tommorrow (for -200 & -700).

hello, appreciate any help i can get here. I have been in on the ce releases from the begining. I have done iamanedgecutter and do have the misc options button. i do not have anything that says anything about mrv or i am just not seeing it. i am running ce ox2ca, can someone guide me thru this.
thanks
Steve

You have to look in the misc. options menu on your H23, NOT on the HR2x.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)