How to setup remote control to control my receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theinv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
hi,

I just got a new VIP722 receiver, but I don't know how to setup the remote control to control the receiver.

The instructions in the manual is not very clear. I am running in single mode and not using the UHF attenuator. Can any give me step-by-step instructions?

Thanks!

First thing to do is press system info button on the reciever. That will put sys info on the screen. Then hold down the SAT button until the other lights on the top of remote come on. Let go and SAT should be flashing. Next enter a number between 1-15, I usually use 5 for tv1 and 12 for tv2. After the number press # one time, watch for SAT to blink three times. After it does press record once. That should change the address to what ever number you selected.
If it doesn't work 800-333-DISH.

BTW...The UHF attenuator is to attenuate the output signal of the TV2 output (ch 21-69 out) on the back of the receiver to meet FCC requirements. The only reason you would need it is if you hook up a TV2 and get ghosting effect on your tv.

Good luck and enjoy the new 722!!

Hello mickmick,

I finally got the remote working by following your instructions. I found that the remote #2 is quite convenient since it doesn't require you to point directly at the receiver so I decided to attach the UHF attenuator.

Thank you so much for your help !

Hello mickmick,

I finally got the remote working by following your instructions. I found that the remote #2 is quite convenient since it doesn't require you to point directly at the receiver so I decided to attach the UHF attenuator.

Thank you so much for your help !
Why didn't your installer setup the receiver before you let him leave. Why are you using an attenuator and where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)